Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures

Vanster

Contributor
Veteran XX
I'm aware that most of TW would like to see protesters of any kind sprayed with flamethrowers, which means I would be a coward if I didn't post a little show-and-tell about my experience the last 10 days.

Standard crowd shot that you've probably seen lots of already. This one was cool, because you're not supposed to be where I was. A POLICEMAN asked me if I wanted to run up the Capitol steps and shoot from up there, for a minute.

DSC_6821.jpg

Crowd was all around the Capitol, and down the rays that feed into the square, 360 degrees. CNBC said there were 100,000 people there on Sunday, FOX said ~70,000, and I'm sure the real number is in there somewhere.

Mary standing way too close to a smoker. I scolded her for this; I'll admit my aversion to cigarettes borders on pathological, I'm not sure why.

DSC_6824.jpg

With that scar on his very handsome face, I'm pretty sure this fireman doesn't have many problems finding sex partners. Just kind of interesting, as he has a Village People w/ Troll look going on.

DSC_6859.jpg

Marching. I can totally understand why Scottish clans went to war beating the drums and blaring the pipes. On television it's one thing, but in person it gave me goosebumps and a lump of awe in the center of my chest as they approached.

DSC_6884.jpg

What, no job interview today?
DSC_6893.jpg

There were a few of these types walking around, but not many. .I saw maybe five. But it would be misrepresenting and very foxnews-like to show only the kind of protesters that I think will further my own agenda.

Speaking of that, the Tea Party was there also, I know this because I looked for them, couldn't find them, and finally had to ask a cop where they were. Here they were, all three of them.

IMG_4261.JPG

Again, to be "fair and balanced" I should point out a couple of things. One, the people behind, and the guy in between the 2 women were trolls. The people behind just followed them everywhere, chanting stupid shit, but that bald guy was kind of funny- His sign on one side said "Americans have to many rights already!" and on the other said "Teechers are greedy!" He followed them everywhere and made sure that when any kind of media took their picture, he and his sign were in it, lol.

That woman did NOT like me taking her picture btw. She said a bunch of shit to me as she went by, I wasn't really listening.

Some bigwig from the Menominee Reservation getting interviewed. Not very many skins at this rally, which makes sense, as not many have union jobs. And by union jobs I mean just any kind of job.
:ugh:
DSC_6968.jpg

These guys tried to include children that were in the rally as much as possible. Wherever there were children, there they were, hanging out with the kids.

DSC_6994.jpg

My sign says "fight for working families," which looks really stupid when compared to the creativity of these nerds. The guy with the white circles on his hat had a sign with Chris Hansen saying "Governor, why don't you have a seat over there?"

I'll close with a couple of points with bullets--bullet points make your statements WAY more credible, btw.

• Workers in America have the right to form unions that will collectively bargain for contracts. Some workers are happy without unions (Coors beer for example), but they are always free to form one if they wish. This bill would make it law that the unions in which state employees are members would not be allowed to collectively bargain.

• Three years ago the deal Wisconsin made with its state employees was simple: Accept lower wages than you could get in the private sector now in return for better pensions and health-care benefits when you retire. That was a different governor--this one wants to retract that deal.

• The Unions offered to give everything the governor is asking for monetarily (pension, benefit contribution), he flatly denied it, which makes this bill completely about power and politics, not money. I know most of TW doesn't like labor unions, and I'm willing to listen to the reasons why but only from those people that know what they are talking about. Case in point: Jomo believes principals and superintendents belong to the NEA. He's welcome to engage as soon as he's learned at least a little bit about how the world works.

• During the phone-conversation Walker thought he was having with David Koch, he said that "we had thought about" sending agitators into the rally. This is a state governor that said he considered hiring thugs to turn on his constituents, because it could have moved his agenda forward.

News article without much bias in it--pretty much facts only: In Wisconsin, the real struggle is over power

Even if you're diametrically opposed to everything I believe, I hope I at least made it interesting for you. If not, please feel free to go sodomize yourself with a toilet brush. :heart:

Last edited:
i am of completely two minds in regards to unions.

i believe people should be employed and paid for what it is they bring to the table for an employer, not because they are 'entitled' to be.

however i know in some situations industry is in the position to exploit its workers.

no shit, right?

Nah, the whole thing has been very peaceful. Peaceful but LOUD. The drums inside the rotunda echo like crazy. .the last time I was with a crowd this loud was when I saw Metallica.

The only way unions work is if all workers are unionized. You cant have people of similar skills being paid totally different wages only because they do or do not allow their employer to pay someone to represent them in collective bargaining.

Yes, that's right. Union members don't pay dues. Employers pay dues. You say, "that's ridiculous, it's deducted right from their paychecks".

But in my reality ( I also feel this way about taxes) the employee knows when he accepts a wage how much he will lose to these deductions, the money is never his, and he only considers take home pay when he decides to take, or not take a job.

Wages, like real goods, should be based on supply and demand.

Even if you're diametrically opposed to everything I believe, I hope I at least made it interesting for you. If not, please feel free to go sodomize yourself with a toilet brush. :heart:

oh wow man, that did NOT feel good.

Interesting pics, thanks for sharing. The situation isn't going to go well in any instance, but lets hope there's a compromise.

As a Government employee, I'm keeping my eye on this and have always had mixed feelings about unions. I don't trust the ones bargaining for the employees and I don't trust the government either. We have about 3 worthless people that need to go, and they seem like all the union dollars and efforts are for them and not anyone else...

The union screwed our retirement and most of us would rather get out. Since our 'board' had 10 members, 9 over 50 years old, they gutted our retirement percentages if you were under 50, and it passed 9-1.

Fire them all and hire non union workers. we can find plenty of recent college grads that will be thrilled just to have a job. Ditch the retarded pension system and make them pay in like the rest of us.

So the real struggle is for power, yea?

Like the power to actually fire people (e.g.: teachers)?

This is bad because...?

I never said teachers and principals belonged to the NEA. I actually never said anything about the NEA.

My sign says "fight for working families,"
The situational irony is staggering...

Being that other state gov't programs for families would get cut just because teachers don't want to pay for their own f*cking insurance & retirement.

gj there :bigthumb: Nice pix too

I like parts of the bill and some I dont like.

I'm not big on only allowing unions to only negotiate pay not total compensation, but I do like the ability for employees to opt out of the unions.

Back