Wii Backup Loader [NO-MODCHIP]

hubble

Veteran XV
A genius by the name of Waninkoko had developed some new software to boot Wii ISOs, not just WiiWare and VC games. Sadly someone had leaked it before the public release and Whineykoko said he is not going to develop it anymore. The 0.1 release does work however, and I have been using it today. I tested it on Mario Kart Wii and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Hopefully these don't get taken down AGAIN.

Version 0.3 of Wiigator's Backup Loader!
Better compatibility.
No skipping for cinematics.
Enjoy!
All you will need for the new version. Still need Homebrew Channel

-----------------------
[strike]*Wiigator's New Backup Loader*
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tg7n5c
I made a short README file for you guys as well. Enjoy. You may need to download some of the apps from below as well if you didn't already. This version works A LOT better than the 1st.[/strike]

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher - List for Wiigator Backup Loader
-----------------------
*OLD*
Wii Backup Loader
DVDX
Latest version of the Homebrew Channel
WAD Manager 1.21 Easy WAD installations. Put WADs in a WAD folder on root of SD card, run this, hit + on the wii remote to install and - to uninstall.
Latest version of the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel

Any kind of app you want to run in the Homebrew Channel needs to be renamed to boot.dol or boot.elf, just so you know.

Last edited:
Correct. Use the twilight princess hack to get the Homebrew Channel on your Wii and you're all set.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda dumb since backups are a grey area of warez, especially when you consider some of the other content that gets poster here (maybe hubble should try a thread in the members only section)

kinda dumb since backups are a grey area of warez, especially when you consider some of the other content that gets poster here (maybe hubble should try a thread in the members only section)

backups aren't a gray area at all. they're perfectly legal under US copyright law.

on the other hand, "backups" are just plain illegal.

Back