who DOESN'T have Hi-Def television by now?

Please...

I spent a whole $100 on my Toshiba HD-DVD---at Wal-Mart of all places. Y'see, last Christmas they were having a half-price special there. I lived on the upper side of my town--where all 3 Wal-Marts had already sold out. Best Buy was selling them for $140. I was stuck @ work. So I told my wife to call the 4th Wal-Mart on the poor side of town...

They had a'plenty.

And there you have it. I paid $100 to watch Hi-DEF DVDs where Blue Ray was still selling for >$280. And the "upgrade" conversion algorhythms did just great on all of my enhanced DVDs.

BTW, I don't get where you think a Toshiba Regza is sh*tty...

Enlighten me, hotshot.

I don't have an HDTV yet. That is actually my next big purchase. :shrug: I had to order my priorities...HDTV isn't on the top of that list. Unfortunately, I had to buy a car and do some other more responsible things with my money.

I watch maybe 2 hours of TV a week tops. Why invest in some expensive TV for that when I have a laptop.

OMG...

I am having trouble trying to figure out if you are the drunkest sumbitch on the planet or the most retarded...
Why? Because I spent $100 on an HD-DVD player and another $70 on just THREE HD-DVDs in order to experience the HD-DVD phenom during the format wars?

Only to be stuck with 3 HD-DVDs and a player that can upconvert the remaining +450 enhanced DVDs that I own on my 42" LCD HDTV until such time as I can replace them all with the next greatest media format?

Yeah...I'm totally drunk!
What would you say is the DISadvantage of a DLP over Plasma/LCD other than the price/size ratio?
Viewing angle for large audiences. I already mentioned this...

I do not own an HD tv. My largest TV is a 27" tube.

I decided that having my wife raise our kids instead of a babysitter was more important.

We do not own any HD-TV's in my household or office. For the amount of TV-watching I do there's no way I'm buying HD.

me

i have all CRT monitors and CRT televisions.

i see absolutely no reason to dump cash out my window when my shit still works perfect.

TV's are dirt cheap these days and there's no reason NOT to own one.

32" LCD HDTV in our bedroom and a 52" Projection HDTV in the front room.

Back