What percentage of your pre-tax monthly income do you pay in rent?

Urraca

Veteran XX
I'm considering jumping up to 35-38% for a much nicer and brand new place. But I'm undecided at this point.

So out of curiosity, what is everyone else paying?

28%; alot of places won't rent to you if the rent exceeds 33% (1/3) of your gross income (combined gross, if living with others). Well non-shitty places anyhow.

14.5%

about 60% goes to the bar though. i'm thinking of raising that to 65-70% and drinking a more expensive liquor.

I'm forced to pay about 20%, but I am paying much more than that so my mortgage will be gone in less than 2 years. :D

28%; alot of places won't rent to you if the rent exceeds 33% (1/3) of your gross income (combined gross, if living with others). Well non-shitty places anyhow.

The thing is, since this is NYC metro area housing is effen expensive. Parking is included as well and that's usually an easy $200 a month else where in a garage.

17% w/ parking and heating/cooling/water included and i live in a dope loft. but then again, it's in an area that 'gets dark at night'. i'm ok with it though and i love black people

to much but bought the house when there were two incomes, refinancing to bring it down a little
about 40% right now

Back