What is my dog digging up in the yard?

SkivviS

Veteran X
New puppy has found a spot in the yard where there's some old wood buried, and keeps trying to dig it out. Well I cover the area with some flagstones to stop him, but started digging right next to it and is now finding a bunch of old metal parts.

What could all this stuff be from? Multiple different items, or parts of a whole?
ejezave6.jpg

The stuff on the bottom left is cardboard I think (he's dug up more little pieces of the cardboard than anything). The more intact pieces are folded up like an accordion. and the round piece on the upper right has some kind of cardboard or wood on the upper right of it

Last edited:
when u want to bury a body they say u should bury a dead dog above that

it's so when the corpse dog hits on that spot and they dig they find the dead dog and think the spot is irrelevant

The folded cardboard stuff looks like it might be part of an air filter, it's hard to tell how big that fly-wheel is. . maybe it's part of an old dryer.

doggies :sunny:

i need to take a shovel to the area and see what else is down there.

i know there's a pool buried below where i built my deck...because we hit the stairs and walls trying to put posts in the ground. apparently the rednecks that lived here before me had a little pool, and the wife was a drunk and kept falling into it, so he busted it up and buried it. this is according to my old man neighbor who's been here forever

i need to take a shovel to the area and see what else is down there.

i know there's a pool buried below where i built my deck...because we hit the stairs and walls trying to put posts in the ground. apparently the rednecks that lived here before me had a little pool, and the wife was a drunk and kept falling into it, so he busted it up and buried it. this is according to my old man neighbor who's been here forever

Sounds like a lovely place to live.

Back