What can I do if an online store has taken my money?

So I made the mistake of buying a modchip from ModChipStore.com - Xbox, DS (Lite), GameCube, PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii Mod Chips. Play Original Backups & Imports! without checking the reseller ratings. It was listed as an "official" distributor of the WiiKey, so I figured they were legit. It's been months now, and they charged me for some 50 bucks, but never sent me the modchip.

Do I have any recourse? I'm only somewhat hesitant because of the semi-legal nature of mod chips, kind of like how you wouldn't go to the cops if somebody stole drugs from you.

But since I've never had any problems like this before, I don't really know what to do. I bought it using a debit card, so I couldn't exactly cancel the charge, but maybe I should be talking to my bank? Anyway, any ideas?

cliffs:
1. bought a mod chip from sketchy online store
2. they charged me, never sent the chip
3. ???
4. refund

So lets recap. You were buying something from a company to break the law, and now you are amazed, and shocked that the company selling tools to break the law..has broken the law.

shocker

Just FYI, BW.

If you're going to play the "I don't know who you are" card

It probably shouldn't be played against the most prolific poster of a forum.

And honestly...
It's really sad that you get this worked up when I make fun of you for using AOL like 5 years ago. :lol:

Hence why I keep doing it.

:lol: "the most prolific poster of a forum" -- can you say "insecure and needy"? Go on now, say it with me...

Sorry bud, the incredible stories of your supposed internet fame have not reached my ears or eyes. I have no idea who you are. Well, you are that pathetic internet nerd X who just tried to pull the "do you know who I am" in an online forum.

At this point, even if you were claiming to have caught me fucking a dog, you'd still look like the loser. Tell me, every time you notice a thread posted by me, do you put on red lipstick and masturbate?

edit: also, now that it's finally "out in the open" that we had this supposed past "exchange" :)lol:), I do remember you posting random AOL comments in various threads, and I distinctly remember either ignoring these posts, or responding with a one-line "who are you?" -- a question I am still asking today. Seriously, who the fuck are you?

To say I am "worked up" about your feeble attempts at human contact is pretty humorous, considering you're the one that managed to hold a 5 year grudge against someone who doesn't even remember you.

Last edited:
damn kura took a shitty thread and made it readable for 2 pages. awesome.

also, dude if you dont know what the fuck to do when this shit happens, then i just feel sorry for you. however, i have a great deal for you that should help you out. just give me your debit card info and pin # and i will sell you some common sense for $30.

You have 30 days to dispute the charge if it's on a credit card. Call VISA or whoever and see what you can do.

The BBB is pretty much a scam itself. It's just another racket... if your business buys a BBB membership, suddenly you have a high rating and consumer complaints aren't reported. If you don't buy, when a complaint gets lodged the BBB hounds you until you buy membership or just gives you an unsatisfactory rating. The BBB is not part of the government as angry senior citizens often mistakenly believe.

No complaints with BBB. They got Cingular off my ass when they kept trying to charge me for 900 text messages in one month. A week after I filed an online complaint, I had some higher up calling me and wanting to nothing but make the problem go away.

They can and do produce reports on many businesses. They very often investigate these places and have initiated a number of class action lawsuits. Of course if you don't read any of the reports it doesn't help much. As far as power to shut places down or take action to get your 50 dollars back, they won't be able to do much about that.

Back