[weed] surreal encounter with law enforcement

MaD_ReBeL

Veteran XV
Yesterday while waiting for my flight at the wonderful Oakland airport I bummed a newport off some thug looking dude in the smoking section. I was hitting my vape (omg so gay you vape!) and had just swapped the tank for the 90% THC bhang stick.

About this time i notice the thug is smoking a blunt. I of course took a hit, tasty. We talk for a few and I start smoking the newport. Another few minutes pass and I see shadows of people with radios on their shoulders and sticks on their side come up behind me.

I'm thinking .. "well this day just got a lot worse" ...

I shit you not, the officer's opening line " Hey man (talking to the thug not me) I know it is basically legal now but someone complained to us about the smell. Could you please put that out?"

The cops (3 total) are all smiles on their face, not even remotely aggressive, very friendly in fact. They have a few more words with thug guy and then they bail out.

I look at thug guy and he looks terrified. He looks at me and we're both kind of like ... wtf just happened. Turns out thug guy is on his way to LA for his final court hearing on a GTA which will be his second strike :lol:.

Was a completely unexpected encounter but left me feeling a tiny bit better about the world ... then I remembered I was position B51 on an absolutely full southwest flight. May as well be down with the bags ...

/theend

so you haven't been to the bay area much then?

the majority of cops there had this kind of stance on weed a decade+ ago
in the regular world sure i'd believe that and no, not a great deal of bay area time.

this was at an airport. granted, the designated smoking area but idk .. TSA and homeland security have people on the grounds and it is generally a higher security environment. Just seems like they'd be a lot less cool about it. Maybe that is just a personal perception thing, idk.

Not for nothing... but what kind of a moron lights up a blunt at a fucking airport, and what kind of moron participates in the smoking of a stranger's blunt at a fucking airport? :ftard:

afaik

even if this was done in some po-dunk rural airport with a sheriff that gets a chub from busting potheads mad rebel wouldn't be in any trouble

in certain parts of america, it's illegal to: buy or sell weed. possess weed.

all across america it's not illegal to: take puffs

afaik

even if this was done in some po-dunk rural airport with a sheriff that gets a chub from busting potheads mad rebel wouldn't be in any trouble

in certain parts of america, it's illegal to: buy or sell weed. possess weed.

all across america it's not illegal to: take puffs

wtf ru talking about

dude said he was carrying thc vape bhangarangs or w/e

in the regular world sure i'd believe that and no, not a great deal of bay area time.

this was at an airport. granted, the designated smoking area but idk .. TSA and homeland security have people on the grounds and it is generally a higher security environment. Just seems like they'd be a lot less cool about it. Maybe that is just a personal perception thing, idk.

TSA isn't a law enforcement agency and is only involved in security from threats not drugs

I smoke weed a lot but I sure as hell don't travel with anything in my pockets and I would never smoke weed with a total stranger in an airport.

I get blasted before I get there and I hide my shit in my checked baggage

Back