Warthunder <lol planes lol>

ScooBySnaCk

Tribalwar Overlord
Veteran XX
War Thunder — MMO Combat Game

Just got a beta invite some how but over all this looks pretty decent.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
Features include:

Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music

Screen shots look good as well

War Thunder — MMO combat game — Screenshots

that gets some love from me for being the first game/gaming related PR blurb I've seen this week that describes graphics as something other than 'stunning'

Kinda reminds me of "World of Tanks".. They were supposed to release a "World of Planes" but I have yet to hear any news on that.

Kinda reminds me of "World of Tanks".. They were supposed to release a "World of Planes" but I have yet to hear any news on that.

That's what this is, they just changed the name to stop it being confused with 'World of Warplanes'

So...

Finally installed it.

It's actually rather fun. Easy to pick up and play. I'm not much for airplane games, but I enjoyed playing tonight. Controls are well designed, you can play with a joystick of course, but Mouse/KB are easy enough and effective.

Initially played the World of Warplanes beta, love World of Tanks... but WoWP wasn't even remotely interesting. Gave up on it after a few games.... Warthunder though, vast improvement.

Back