TW Parents -

Tic

Veteran XX
I am curious to hear other parents thoughts are on this topic:

'What is wrong with this picture'

You spend all your life preparing for marriage (least that is what we are told) and having a family (aka kids) - you have a kid, maternity leave is over, you then pay some random fucks $300-500/week to watch/raise your kids, while you work, to pay those random fucks - all the while spending less time with your kids/family - for what?

I drop my kid off at daycare, and for the past few months I leave there after he grabs on to me for life, not happy to leave (he is fine later on - friends daughter who goes there as well tells us so, at least) and I walk away going to drive to the office asking myself what the fuck is wrong with this picture.

Why do we work to have others raise our kids?

I wonder, perhaps it is time to simply make less money, start up a small biz from home, or even move the fuck up north and change our way of life (aka mortgage free, etc).....something has got to change though, this 'modern' way of life is severely flawed.

/rant off. :kiss:

Did your parents not work and drop you off with someone while they worked?

If you think starting your own business will give you more free time. Most likely your business won't be successful.

LOL holy shit you have kids?

jesus fucking christ someone shouldve taken a sledgehammer to your nuts when you were 12 you goddamned retard

I was interested in this thread until I read the first sentence with the whole YOU SPEND YOUR LIFE "what does it all mean" stuff and I am like oh yeah this is stupid

I am curious to hear other parents thoughts are on this topic:

'What is wrong with this picture'

You spend all your life preparing for marriage (least that is what we are told) and having a family (aka kids) - you have a kid, maternity leave is over, you then pay some random fucks $300-500/week to watch/raise your kids, while you work, to pay those random fucks - all the while spending less time with your kids/family - for what?

I drop my kid off at daycare, and for the past few months I leave there after he grabs on to me for life, not happy to leave (he is fine later on - friends daughter who goes there as well tells us so, at least) and I walk away going to drive to the office asking myself what the fuck is wrong with this picture.

Why do we work to have others raise our kids?

I wonder, perhaps it is time to simply make less money, start up a small biz from home, or even move the fuck up north and change our way of life (aka mortgage free, etc).....something has got to change though, this 'modern' way of life is severely flawed.

/rant off. :kiss:

WE dont.... thats why one parent stays home. I use to work when we first had kids but the company i worked for closed doors and it made more sense for her to work so i took over with teh stay at home crap.

almost 1 persons income just for day care and i dont trust those fucks with my kids. fuck that shit.

I assume you're a dual income household? because if not, you'd be going to work and not seeing the kid all day anyway.

to live in some areas, young parents sometimes both have to work. also, some women choose to work.

I think in a perfect world my wife would love to have spent the first 3 ish years with each of them, but the reality is she can't take half a decade off from her professional life to continue it's upward track. the benefits of that once they are school aged are weighed against the fact of having to put them in daycare.

it means you find a good daycare (aka, not "random fucks"). ours is/was basically entirely school prep focused. my kids loved it, have excellent care providers that we have close relationships with. my youngest is now 4 so he'd be in preschool anyway.

it's a nice little bonus once they get out, but summer camp can be retarded expensive (at least where we live, it was $4k for 2 months, 7am-6pm). my daughter loved camp, she never wanted it to end or come home at the end of the day.

you miss out on some, but if you do it right you can get a pretty independent kid out of the experience.

I appreciate the majority of responses:

- narmf - ours is actually only $40/day, but some daycare costs are DOUBLE that!

- code - nope - luckily my dad had a great career and my mom raised us, in our situation, both my wife and I work, and while she could theoretically quit her job and raise the lil guy, it would be a lot tighter (and thus what led us to the thought of moving north). Also, the home biz would most likely be either a 'pop up' restaurant (i have experience in food and lots of friends in the biz) or something small, just for cash flow - expenses would be covered already.

- Trav - thats the idea, but it would be tight to do it in a major city (we live in Toronto, avg cost of a house is say....$800Kish) hence the thought of moving

- Flunky - Your points are well noted. We are currently dual, but possibly able to do it on single, tight if we remained, easily done (and mortgage free) if we moved...

At the end of the day, we want to have kids, yet we have others raise them - and yes, the 'random fucks' are screened, very sweet lady who has 2 young kids of her own, only 5 total every day, so its a small group with lots of attention, but still.....

how is a popup restaurant a home business

running a restaurant takes just as much time if not more than any other job, especially if you're trying to do it yourself vs. hiring a staff

Move to Hamilton and cut your cost of living in half. It's a great city despite what most GTA retards seem to think. Tons of green space between Hamilton and St Catharines great place to raise a family.

giga - popup restaurants do not need to be run from an actual restaurant - many successful ones are done through ones home or homes of friends/clients. Charging $90/head, assuming you can keep food costs low, with 8-10 clients at a time, doing so once a week (or even twice a month) will offer sufficient cash flow to manage expenses.

Boomer - we are actually looking around the Orillia area - as long as it is on a lake, that is criteria #1.

how is a popup restaurant a home business

running a restaurant takes just as much time if not more than any other job, especially if you're trying to do it yourself vs. hiring a staff
a lot of pop-ups only open in the evening somewhere 1 or 2 nights a week around here. it's still a lot of work but not as much as a traditional restaurant.

exactly.

only in the evening, and only 1 sitting - most of the food can be prepped in the week of/ahead of time. still work, but something I enjoy, and can do from anywhere with a kitchen.

yea unless you plan on not hiring anyone forget about a business. especially here in california. .gov here wants to make it harder for some stupid reason

i would put money on you never doing that, and if you do, not making nearly enough money to make it worth it

good for you if you prove me wrong though

tic tac cant afford daycare

try planning for future next time lmao

and lol @ 90$ a head to eat tic tac's garbage

yee of little faith, giga. why so little of it? It is a proven model....and its not like I have never set foot in a kitchen before.

flunky, it is, but I am flustered and am prone to exaggeration at the moment.

it is true however; to some extent.....which is quite sad.

If you want to spend your life raising your kids (education), fine. But pretty soon, they'll be in public school. Private really isn't needed. The big thing is telling your kid to get straight A's in high school, so they can be accepted into a state public college (5k a year). Private college is 20k a year and up, not worth it, unless you're an elite with future job connections.

It's amazing how parents care for the kid when they are young, yet when they are teenagers, that's when they need the most help. In my case, I knew this, and Ashley made it through UF. She sat next to me in the computer room every night doing homework. You want your kid to take advanced classes in HS that count towards college.

The other thing you'd want your kid to do, is develop a photographic memory. Some are gifted and just have it, but those who do well in life, usually have a great memory. So if you are teaching your kid stuff at home, that's it.

Last edited:
Back