To those who have been gone a while..

I am 50 now. Having it pretty rough right now. Never been married or any kids that I know of at least. Taking care of my elderly father who is 87 and he is bed ridden with numerous health issues. My mother died in 2005 and my sister moved to another Country and left me alone to take care of my father. I have no medical insurance and had to quit my job due to my father and my own health issues due to stress.

I had to sell my home and properties to afford the medical bills for myself and my father. When life gives us lemons, we make lemonade, I guess.

Other than that, I am fine. Could really use a nice holiday which I had none since 7 years ago. Maybe one day.

sounds rough, but ya
hang in there day to day and find interest

Are you sure Orbital and Fingr got their emails...
maybe check again..
and that other Canadian guy...

how high are you right now

sober for two months today :sunny:

Taking care of my elderly father who is 87 and he is bed ridden with numerous health issues. My mother died in 2005 and my sister moved to another Country and left me alone to take care of my father. I have no medical insurance and had to quit my job due to my father and my own health issues due to stress.

I had to sell my home and properties to afford the medical bills for myself and my father. When life gives us lemons, we make lemonade, I guess..

And this is truly awful. I hope you can recover from this. No one deserves this.

Not quite 50 yet.

2 kids, 9 and 11

4 stepkids (1 deceased, RIP Hannah)

A grandson from my not-irresponsible stepdaughter on the way in less than a month

Life is busy but good

oh lot's of old people here.

I also got a kid. Wife is awesome, without her being awesome this ship would have sunken already.
bought a house. have a mortgage.

tried d4 campaign was ok, after that meh. playing PoE when I have time. Checking out last epoch at launch.

I am 50 now. Having it pretty rough right now. Never been married or any kids that I know of at least. Taking care of my elderly father who is 87 and he is bed ridden with numerous health issues. My mother died in 2005 and my sister moved to another Country and left me alone to take care of my father. I have no medical insurance and had to quit my job due to my father and my own health issues due to stress.

I had to sell my home and properties to afford the medical bills for myself and my father. When life gives us lemons, we make lemonade, I guess.

Other than that, I am fine. Could really use a nice holiday which I had none since 7 years ago. Maybe one day.

Dang, welcome back brother! My dad died last year at 88, my mom fell and had a brain injury December 2020. She's still alive but doesn't know me. I'm lucky I can afford her care.

Welcome to our support group. We're all retarded and fucked up in our own special way, but maybe we can help a little.

:heart:

Hah, no way lad, how's tricks? What you upto these days?

Living in NZ for the last 12 years (Kattanga moved over here too! I caught up with him 1x), got two awesome kids (9 and 12), separated from their mum amicably a few years ago and have shacked up with someone new. Waiting for our house to be built atm.

Still working as an editor, but more managing a team and developing newbies these days as I've been doing it forever.

Have mostly calmed down on the drugs and partying front, although I am off work for a week atm to go to an old person rave in Auckland :D

How about you? Are you a fucking doctor? Am I remembering right? Just crazy how long it's been and how far we've come from those quakenet days :roller:

Living in NZ for the last 12 years (Kattanga moved over here too! I caught up with him 1x), got two awesome kids (9 and 12), separated from their mum amicably a few years ago and have shacked up with someone new. Waiting for our house to be built atm.

Still working as an editor, but more managing a team and developing newbies these days as I've been doing it forever.

Have mostly calmed down on the drugs and partying front, although I am off work for a week atm to go to an old person rave in Auckland :D

How about you? Are you a fucking doctor? Am I remembering right? Just crazy how long it's been and how far we've come from those quakenet days :roller:

Jeez, you're not wrong, things never travel in a straight line, eh?

Yes, Doctor of Psych :rofl: although I then left academia and... became a wells engineer in oil and gas - trying to explain that is an interesting one.

Same, housed up, 6-year old girl and 4-year old little man, wife who still puts up with me gaming and being a nerd. She doesn't know how lucky she is :rofl:

Oh, and I'm playing a FUCKLOAD of BloodBowl if you ever fancy (I did realise how this might sound before I typed it, but.. :shrug: ) some FUMBBLing ;)

Jeez, you're not wrong, things never travel in a straight line, eh?

Yes, Doctor of Psych :rofl: although I then left academia and... became a wells engineer in oil and gas - trying to explain that is an interesting one.

Same, housed up, 6-year old girl and 4-year old little man, wife who still puts up with me gaming and being a nerd. She doesn't know how lucky she is :rofl:

Oh, and I'm playing a FUCKLOAD of BloodBowl if you ever fancy (I did realise how this might sound before I typed it, but.. :shrug: ) some FUMBBLing ;)

Wow that is a big career change. Glad you're doing well man. Imo you're in that really nice phase now where the kids are less work and more rewarding :>

I get a lot of tolerance for my nerd ways as well, have a sim racing rig set up here and my girl and I both have VR headsets we use to game together and w/friends :cool:

Awesome that you're having fun with Blood Bowl, I haven't been able to force myself to learn the new ruleset yet...every now and then I teeter on the edge of jumping in for a few games and then that puts me off. But I'd be down to try some casual games w you sometime. What team(s) do you mostly play? I want to peek at your FUMBBL profile :hurry:

if you use Discord I'm in the TW server and some other less shitty ones ;D

Back