[TNT] The Last Ship

EspoMan

Veteran XV
Anyone else watching this? Just finished watching the first episode. Looks good so far.

The Last Ship, TNT

"After a pandemic kills or sickens over half of the world's population, the crew of an unaffected U.S. Navy ship must try to find a cure to save humanity."

Last edited:
I tried reading the book a while ago.... sloooooow. But still would like see the show. Need to DVR it

Watched it last night, it was very average and looks predictable. I'll give it a shot, but my guess is it will get boring fast and very predictable.

Looking forward to The Strain & Tyrant.

When I saw the advertisements for this I looked it up and found it was based off of a book

so I got about 100 pages into the book before realizing it sucks

it's supposed to be post apocalyptic last ship etc etc but instead it's pretty much just 100 pages of the author ranting about the captain's feelings, and the captain won't stfu about how women in the navy bothers him, blah blah

seriously for every line of dialogue there's like 4 pages of the captain thinking shit he's thought 10 times before, it really feels like the author had a serious hard on for navy women

If you had ever worked with women in the Navy, you would understand.

it's not that I don't understand

it's just that I want to read a post apocalyptic book about post apocalyptic shit. events. exciting things happening.

if I wanted to read the author's dry, boring and rehashed opinion of women in the navy, I would. Instead this apparently post apocalyptic book is just a whiny 'life as a captain is so lonely, I can't get used to women in the navy" told through the protagonist every four pages

book fuckin suuuuuuuuucks

it's like if you went to read lord of the rings and jrr tolkein spent every page bitching about minorities

it's like if you went to read lord of the rings and jrr tolkein spent every page bitching about minorities

he does, though. the whole trilogy is one big bitch about minorities.

even the minorities mention it.

all the good characters are white, and all the minorities are orcs and things, and we need to kill them all before they spread to our shires.

Most American TV shows always seem to lack that certain something...

Talent!

Mostly when it comes to production values, everything is just too squeaky clean. no grit, no realism. The acting is always so forced either by way of poor direction or phone it in actors.

he does, though. the whole trilogy is one big bitch about minorities.

even the minorities mention it.

all the good characters are white, and all the minorities are orcs and things, and we need to kill them all before they spread to our shires.

heh that's just liberal bullshit, and he isn't specific about it anyway

half of this "novel" basically sounds like the author's blog

all you want to do is read cool shit about post-apocalyptic future but you're treated instead to really boring dialogue/exchanges between captain and crew, and then 5 pages of captain's innermost fears and thoughts which are usually 1) it's lonely being a captain and 2) women in the navy, I respect them but I can't get used to it, again and again and again

it's rare I'll get into a book and end up putting it down but this one.. ehhhhhh

I'm curious to see how the "last ship" survives without fuel, which it would blow through in a few days.

I'm curious to see how the "last ship" survives without fuel, which it would blow through in a few days.

how do ships sail for weeks/months at a time if they are capable of blowing through their fuel in a few days, durrrrrrrrrrrrr

also it's a nuclear powered ship and the point of the story (the book at least) is they've only got enough for another 2 months of power or something

Back