The 37-Year-Olds Are Afraid of the 23-Year-Olds Who Work for Them

Going above and beyond is a way of life and has a reward that can be measured outside of financial compensation. It has always worked for me and no one can take it away.

I'm not saying it's not commendable, but i just think that there is a big chance people will just make use of it without rewarding you.

I'm not saying it's not commendable, but i just think that there is a big chance people will just make use of it without rewarding you.

:lol: it's a guarantee people will. But it tends to be rewarded and appreciated by those who are worth it. It helps to show who is worth your time and energy and who isn't.

But lemon definitely hit the nail on the head. Spoken like someone who doesn't give 2 shits about what they are doing and how people perceive them.

I bet this is common among the Dockers.

Work hard - play hard. If you work hard enough, the work becomes the play ;)

When you become the best, compensation goals are easier to satisfy. But, if you enjoy what you do and you do it at a high enough level it can become self-satisfying. I mean, we live in a pretty brutal world and no one wants to get taken advantage of. That's kinda lame. But, it also makes it easier to move somewhere when you are doing high level work. So, I think people should focus on that. Not coasting or pacing. No laziness. Just focus and kill it. Set the bar and the standard. And enjoy it.

I don't know. I think that's the Welsh blood in my ancestry. They must work like cunts or something ;)

Work hard - play hard. If you work hard enough, the work becomes the play ;)

When you become the best, compensation goals are easier to satisfy. But, if you enjoy what you do and you do it at a high enough level it can become self-satisfying. I mean, we live in a pretty brutal world and no one wants to get taken advantage of. That's kinda lame. But, it also makes it easier to move somewhere when you are doing high level work. So, I think people should focus on that. Not coasting or pacing. No laziness. Just focus and kill it. Set the bar and the standard. And enjoy it.

I don't know. I think that's the Welsh blood in my ancestry. They must work like cunts or something ;)

Words of wisdom. I've seen this hold true with many many people. Not the Welsh part. Fuck the Welsh.

EDIT: I just checked my family tree. We have some Welsh in it. Shit.

Back