The 37-Year-Olds Are Afraid of the 23-Year-Olds Who Work for Them

It shows the stupidity of youth, they actually think telling their boss they have completed all of their tasks is a good thing.

That just leads to more work.

You must always be just about finished, under control but really pushing to get it over the line. But yeah I could probably fit something else in for you, if you don't mind this one being delayed a bit ...

what an asshole I am :)

Most companies would happily accept more from you without paying you for it.

It works both ways.

Ask the employees at John deer or Frito lay how this "the harder you work, the more valuable you are" logic actually operates.

Don't get me wrong i work hard, but i don't believe that people who go the extra mile get rewarded for it that often. Those things are way more about how you conduct yourself socially, your network within the company and the type of relationships you uphold.

Successful people like the work. And the challenge. They are drawn like moths to the flame of getting more and better work done in the same amount of time. The newbs entering the game just need to be shown. Shown how to move forward into the unknown fearlessly by people who have been there before and know how to get it done.

This helps them with their anxiety. You can tell the ones that will eventually make it. They are bold with what they think they know but often take too much time on simple tasks. It is confusing to them that they may have accomplished a task in a week and think that's great. Then, an expert comes along and shows how they could have done it in 15 minutes. It stings. They often have anxiety over people finding out they don't know jack shit. Once they realize that no one thinks they know anything, it starts to go away.

They need to learn to do strange things like communicate. They need to use phones. E-mail with people they do not know. Ask for help. Admit they don't know shit. See and understand the big picture. Figure out how to estimate and play what if. Prioritize. These are tough lessons for the newbs. But, some of them come around and settle in. They are the ones that will take the torches.

BTW - 37 is pretty much the same as 23 ;)

Last edited:
I've learned long ago that roughly 3/4 of the workforce is inept, lazy, and stupid, and it's not a generational problem. It's universal.

Don't get me wrong i work hard, but i don't believe that people who go the extra mile get rewarded for it that often. Those things are way more about how you conduct yourself socially, your network within the company and the type of relationships you uphold.

I just got a 31% raise with no change in responsibility, simply because I am a high performer in a vital role.

Hard work should be rewarded, and if it's not, it's time to move on. There's a battle for workforce going on, and those who are smart enough can make bank.

As I pointed out in the article's comments:

Not one of the stories referenced an engineering firm, law office, or anything else of consequence.

You'd be shitcanned in pico seconds if you said your menstral bloating, frame of mind, or any other non life-threatening disease was effecting you.

I've learned long ago that roughly 3/4 of the workforce is inept, lazy, and stupid, and it's not a generational problem. It's universal.

I'm down with most of that, but if you think Jim Beam is even at least a fraction of sane, then we have to part. He is not even functional now, and I wonder how he finds employment at all.

I'm down with most of that, but if you think Jim Beam is even at least a fraction of sane, then we have to part. He is not even functional now, and I wonder how he finds employment at all.

Anyone who claims anything is satan's work isn't anything that resembles sane.

as a soon 2b 37-year-old i gotta say i would fking bitchslap anybody over 30 who's gonna let himself get pushed around by some snot faced lil punk who's got preferred pronouns and other degenerate nancyboy fag shit like that

and then i'd invite the zoomer shitbag kids 2 fart on him b/c they r definitely rite 2 not respect some bitch made piece of shit who's going 2b pushed around by college kids

honestly i can see y white ppl have no respect around the world, how r ppl gonna respect (let alone ph33r) a demographic that is basically the biggest collective of bitch ass pussies the world has ever seen?

this.

Going above and beyond is a way of life and has a reward that can be measured outside of financial compensation. It has always worked for me and no one can take it away.

Me too, I just ended up tired and worn out.

Would have preferred to have taken all of my leave and had nice holidays to be honest.

I hate work so much

Back