Steam deck

maybe u should practice giving in lord chirst jesus's name instead of youtube mgtow videos and rampant anti-laurie mysogny

if u were a real man ud get laurie to write u something for tw or get her posting here

I don't follow any religion. My handle should actually be NoReligionForMe. There's no reason to follow stories that happened 2k years ago in a place on the other side of the planet (Jerusalem). I can believe in God, the afterlife, or the Matrix without fairy tale stories.

Firesticks are also on sale. I'm picking up another.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device
They can be hooked up to monitors or TVs. Smaller monitors work great with the SteamDeck and play the N64 games without the sound stuttering. That's also because the resolution on the deck can be changed when connecting to a monitor.

Last edited:
I can neither confirm nor disaffirm that I may or may not be agnostic.
But I do like Dr Pepper.

I'd have to agree. Unless, of course, I was a traveling salesman or something equally as shitty where I spent most of my nights in hotel rooms.

I bought a gaming laptop for my biz travel. Sometimes spend 2 weeks at a time away from home. I never used it. Was either too tired to bother and watched movies, sports, etc OR went out with coworkers/explored the area I was in. Waste o cash. Gave it to my dad since his laptop was a POS.

I bought a gaming laptop for my biz travel. Sometimes spend 2 weeks at a time away from home. I never used it. Was either too tired to bother and watched movies, sports, etc OR went out with coworkers/explored the area I was in. Waste o cash. Gave it to my dad since his laptop was a POS.
I've heard this syndrome of people buying a gaming device and then not using it.

The Steamdeck is a little different because it's really a PC that runs Linux. I think the challenge is getting it set up with the emulation. I tried getting a few Wii roms to work, but it's hard setting up the controller. So I got a few Gamecube roms and they work. The graphics are much clearer than the N64 games. Here's the video I watched.

Last edited:
Next I need to get a dock, but I'm waiting for the official Steamdeck dock to come out. Once that is done, I can hook the Steamdeck up to my monitor, add a mouse/keyboard, add another USB stick, and that's how people use the deck as their main computer. It's a lot of fun tinkering with this thing.

wow

wtf

Just buy a NUC if you want a small PC

Valve trademarked the name "Neon Prime" for a new game.

Recent Index update had a bunch of Valve Deckard(Quest 2 competitor) content.

I think inside Gabe's mind, when he made Steam, no one was asking for it, and it was too early for the idea honestly. But it all paid off and he saw Valve getting ahead of the competition. I'm sure he see's VR the same way. Having Oculus owned by Meta now makes a Valve competitor much more attractive.

When Oculus was it's own company, I trusted them. I don't trust meta.

Valve trademarked the name "Neon Prime" for a new game.
That's kinda what is missing from the steam deck right now, is a blockbuster game made by valve meant for the deck. They've got a bunch of shooters (Half Life2) but they're hard to play with controller. They can be played with a keyboard and mouse hooked up through the dock, but then it's the same as a computer.

Most people (including myself) have done the Nintendo emulation on the deck. The challenge is getting the games to play (roms, dock, extra controller). Tennis and Mario Kart are good as something quick. As for playing through an entire Mario game, too much time. If it's something new made by Valve, I'll probably play it. It needs to be something that plays great on the deck and a PC.

Last edited:
If Valve is making a "system selling" game, it will be for VR and not the deck I'd guess.

As for gaming while traveling. The premium of a gaming laptop is never worth it. Just play old games or retro-ish games. Play FTL, Deus Ex, or XCom.

That's kinda what is missing from the steam deck right now, is a blockbuster game made by valve meant for the deck. They've got a bunch of shooters (Half Life2) but they're hard to play with controller. They can be played with a keyboard and mouse hooked up through the dock, but then it's the same as a computer.

Most people (including myself) have done the Nintendo emulation on the deck. The challenge is getting the games to play (roms, dock, extra controller). Tennis and Mario Kart are good as something quick. As for playing through an entire Mario game, too much time. If it's something new made by Valve, I'll probably play it. It needs to be something that plays great on the deck and a PC.

If you bought a steam deck to be an emulator you wasted money. Your phone can handle all of that.

For emulation, there are handhelds that do very well for a reasonable price. They are not really spoken about on gaming sites though.

Back