Star Wars Battlefront

Enlightened One

Veteran XX
I've never played any games in this series. Figure it will be worth a buy? What's the gameplay like? Will it have any content from The Force Awakens? Maybe as DLC in the future?

save your money for something worthwhile like giving it to a homeless person or setting it on fire

You didn't play the open beta?

Extremely casual - more casual than CoD, Third person shooter (yeah it has first person but you have the advantage in third person - no visual recoil and wider field of view). It's like a bunch of mini-games set in the Star Wars universe, Original Trilogy time frame.

Nothing has been announced with regards to Force Awakens content.

Of course it'll have DLC, it's made by EA. Season Pass is $50 buy now!

actually if you pre-order it, you get DLC that takes place on one of the force awakens planets...jaku or whatever. apparently it explains why the star destroyer crashed there

I don't expect it to last long enough to warrant buying any DLC for it - they would have to do something amazing like accurately recreate the trench run from Star Wars or flying into the reactor and blowing up the second Death Star

It's another flash in the pan "flavor of the month" type game.

very casual, but sometimes that can be fun.

Last edited:
i bought the game and preloaded it because its the only game that really pushes my new pc

the 1440p 144hz gsync is amazing in that game, it looked so fucking good in beta that i had to buy it

Graphics and audio are 10/10. The Frostbite Engine is a fucking monster.

As for the rest of the game....meh, still not buying it yet. Doesn't really seem to have any depth to it. Who knows, that might change eventually. :shrug:

Its casual, but that's not a bad thing. Rocket league is casual too and I have 150 hours in that. It looks amazing and it's preordered.

Back