SRT-4 to a Supra? -- car geeks

PJ said:
You don't use the word supra in a sentence with those other words.

I have seen supra's out here in scottsdale with 1000+ hp bend lamborghini's over and anal rape them. I havn't seen them do it to mclarens though (but probably because they can't and there's only 2 mclarens in scottsdale).

Also, I'd have to agree that generally, in terms of ease/price of modifications, the Supra is pretty much on top of the bang-for-the-buck heap.

1,000 wheel horsepower without modifying the bottom end is common. Let that sink in for a second. That translates to running somewhere in the 8's.

I believe SCC did a feature on a 8-second street-driven supra.

WorstAim said:
I have seen supra's out here in scottsdale with 1000+ hp bend lamborghini's over and anal rape them. I havn't seen them do it to mclarens though (but probably because they can't and there's only 2 mclarens in scottsdale).

in an all-out, straight line race a 1000hp supra would murder an F1. The F1's run low 11s.

A lesson on understanding toyota engine codes:

2JZ-GTE

2=engine generation.
JZ=engine family.
G=performance oriented, wide-angle dohc
T=turbocharged
E=Electronic fuel injection

4A-GZE
4th generation A family engine. wide angle dohc, supercharged (z) fuel injected.

im a toyota nerd :\

Last edited:
As for the original topic, with a 400 hp SRT you obviously like something that hauls ass; what better than a Supra?

Supra > *, imo. My dream car. (Besides an MR2000GT)

Also consider an N/A -> Turbo supra. They make balls-loads of power also and would be considerably cheaper to buy.

TRD2000_kit.jpg

02.gif

KGB_ate_myBread said:
Holy fuck that's an incredibly ugly, pointless kit.

I feel bad for any moron who spends the money on that.
Actually, if you look closely, the aero-kit is quite well designed aerodynamically (including the amount of airflow it creates over the brakes). It's ugly though.

KGB_ate_myBread said:
Those are called dyno queens. THey have a 3JZGTE in them btw.

And to be honest, the supra is NOT a low profile car. I'd be more worried about driving it because of ricers, than I would the M3.

Just get a damn M3. Or even an older, used M5.

e46's are so hawt

I would trade in an SRT4 for a Supra in a heartbeat, but a Supra is definitely not "luxury style." If you want luxury, get the M3.

BeavisNuke said:
get a 3 series and call it a day
this is grocery getter and everyone in South Florida has them.. Screw the BMW 3 series.. if I go BMW ( which I won't they are a pain in the ass to work with ) it would be an M3 but I won't sink into that car..

friend of mine has one and its more problems than it is worth..

ToV VendettA said:
As for the original topic, with a 400 hp SRT you obviously like something that hauls ass; what better than a Supra?

Supra > *, imo. My dream car. (Besides an MR2000GT)

Also consider an N/A -> Turbo supra. They make balls-loads of power also and would be considerably cheaper to buy.
prob with this I would need to do a full electrical harness swapp, get the new engine and most of them are JDM spec so you have to specific ECU's and move stuff around.. my friend here locally and I know beavis knows him pretty good ( Marco) does it and he told me it would be around 8-9k with stock twins.. so if I want to mod further then I would have to invest more..

At the end most people have told me that its just easier to buy a twin tt supra from the start ;)

Buy an M3 or even better an M5 for luxary speed. A supra TT isn't all that fast to start out with and modifying one is expensive.

And a BMW will be a hell of a lot more fun to drive, even if your little ricegrinder faggot friends dont want to suck your cock for owning it.

FastAttack said:
prob with this I would need to do a full electrical harness swapp, get the new engine and most of them are JDM spec so you have to specific ECU's and move stuff around.. my friend here locally and I know beavis knows him pretty good ( Marco) does it and he told me it would be around 8-9k with stock twins.. so if I want to mod further then I would have to invest more..

At the end most people have told me that its just easier to buy a twin tt supra from the start ;)

Isn't it more common, if you buy a NA, to just go to one large turbo from the get go? How would that cost vs. getting a TT and changing to one?

I think the NA engine is a lil weaker internally? I'm remembering an article on a 800HP Supra that had once been NA that said the NA is a lil weaker, but still quite capable of being upgraded.

FastAttack said:

am i the only one lost on that sentence?

VF143Falcon said:
Buy an M3 or even better an M5 for luxary speed. A supra TT isn't all that fast to start out with and modifying one is expensive.

And a BMW will be a hell of a lot more fun to drive, even if your little ricegrinder faggot friends dont want to suck your cock for owning it.
a supra TT stock is fast as fuck

god i can't believe how ignorant most people who have posted here thus far are

Machine Gun Joe said:
yeh, i think the supra is one of the best looking cars ever.

ditto

ShinRa said:
Supras have probably the strongest factory engine ever. Thats why people are able to get such high numbers out of them, I say ditch the neon and go for the supra.

^^

Supra isn't luxury, but i'd still swap it from the neon. i want to buy a Supra eventually. i learned to drive on the generation before the 1993-1998 Supras.

Suprahood.jpg

Back