SRT-4 to a Supra? -- car geeks

Uhh, I guess you people do not understand anything about Toyota Supras.

They are overpriced because you're lucky to see more than one a month. It's all about supply and demand, and the rarity of the car.

The stock internals on Toyota Supras have been known to handle over 900rwhp. The I-6 they put in those cars are some of the most potent engines known for modifying. With a little over 1200$(BPU) in modifications you're already set at 420rwhp. Add about 2-4k for a fuel system in your well over 550rwhp, assuming you go single turbo.

I say get the Supra, I would of have had one years ago, but I can't find one in the midwest. :(

i'll trade you my 90 toyota cressida with 212k miles, oh and a cracked windshiled for better better performance ?!?

find a used s4 if you want a luxury speedster, im 100% positive a stock s4 will smoke a stock supra (seen it happen)

naptown said:
Uhh, I guess you people do not understand anything about Toyota Supras.

They are overpriced because you're lucky to see more than one a month. It's all about supply and demand, and the rarity of the car.

The stock internals on Toyota Supras have been known to handle over 900rwhp. The I-6 they put in those cars are some of the most potent engines known for modifying. With a little over 1200$(BPU) in modifications you're already set at 420rwhp. Add about 2-4k for a fuel system in your well over 550rwhp, assuming you go single turbo.

I say get the Supra, I would of have had one years ago, but I can't find one in the midwest. :(

this is true

I have a friend with a drag supra making 1024 to the ground

Geegalin said:
Lets not get carried away.

pff, my friend has an s4, and he races it all the time, but believe it not the the only cars that have smoked him was a saleen mustang and a modded srt 4

I'd trade SRT for a Supra without fuckin blinking twice.... thats not even a comparison, man. Totally different ballgame.

Supras are tough cars, and they're a timeless design. You see a '95 on the road and it might as well be an '05.

Comparing one to a fucking 90's M3? LMAO, not the same ballpark.... not even the same fuckin sport.

This thread needs less MKIV and more FD RX-7

I'd look for an FD over an MKIV any day of the week :)

fd3s_front.jpg

TOP-RX7.jpg

The main reason I'd take a Supra over an RX7 is because its so much easier to get lots of power out of it.

When you spend so much on a car, you want the shit to be reliable. Supras are like tanks...

amRam said:
The main reason I'd take a Supra over an RX7 is because its so much easier to get lots of power out of it.

When you spend so much on a car, you want the shit to be reliable. Supras are like tanks...
While that's true, RX7's are rotary and rotary certainly isn't reliable, it's still cool :D

What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment.

Hmm true luxury yes I would get an M3 or something..

but I want the go fast/nice interior and not be afraid of my date say that I am mr boy wonder with a neon with a spoiler that goes fast and makes a lot of noise ( dump tube of the new turbo ,etc)

to me a supra is 100X better than my srt..

thanks for the comments.

yes I want to mod my car.. IS300 is fugly to me and everyone and their mother has it :p

if you get a supra, PLEASE make it a sleeper...none of that gaudy fuckin ground effects shit

but yeah Mpower all the way

Machine Gun Joe said:
yeh, i think the supra is one of the best looking cars ever. i think there would be a large market for it if toyota brought it back with a little style modifications but modernized it.

Considering what price range they'd be in, and that they'd probably badge it as a lexus, no.

The supras DIDN'T sell well, which is why they were dicontinued in America.

EDIT: The last years of their production had tons of incentives included with the car just so they would sell.

Last edited:
Trade in your SRT-4 for one of the new AWD versions with the Mopar Stage 2.

Orange-Supra.jpg

I don't know why, but I love the metallic orange color on cars like supra's, lamborghini's, and mclarens. It's amazing what you can do with supra's. Hell, this doesn't even look like a supra at all:

supra_1848_35116086

supra_1848_35152060

My dad owned a 2002 M3 for 2 years, but he sold it because he didn't like it that much. They're nice to look at, but I never liked driving it that much. It's too "soft". The gas pedal never gave you any feedback like other cars do, it didn't handle all that well, every now and then the car would violently lurch and stop and lurch and stop due to "Sport Mode". On top of all that, the clutch was hair trigger and was not fun at all. He got a custom painted ferrari yellow porsche instead, and it's much much nicer then the bmw ever was. Get the supra though.

Last edited:
Back