So I just got an infringement notice using IPTorrents

I use public trackers, don't steal shit that's current, don't listen to lame mainstream music, actually purchase/rent shit I really care about (GoT, Good Movies and Music) and you'll never be 'caught'.

Pay for what you love, don't mooch.

um these are leaked GoT episodes bro they won't be on TV for another month

tons of people are getting notices and IPT staff is deleting posts mentioning it and banning anyone who asks.

I haven't torrented anything in like 4 years, ever since IPT closed my account for "lack of use" after like 2 weeks of not getting anything. I suppose if I got back into it I'd just use a VPN service and pirate bay.

im sry but if HBO would provide me with a way to gain access to their content without requiring me to spend 140 a month on TV service plus more for HBO then extra for HD, then we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place.

Don't be a greedy ass nerd downloading leaked copies that aren't even supposed to be released yet.

im sry but if HBO would provide me with a way to gain access to their content without requiring me to spend 140 a month on TV service plus more for HBO then extra for HD, then we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place.
ur right maaaaaaaaaan you're entitled to steal anything you simply cant afford maaaaaaaaaan

cox communications didn't send me any infringement notices over my GoT downloads.
i got some infringements years ago, and cox even disabled my internet. it only took a 5 minute phone call to turn it back on.

from what i read, what happened is some idiot on IPT decided to upload the torrent file from IPT to a public tracker, without changing the tracker information in the IPT torrent. so a bunch of people connected to the IPT swarm that weren't members of IPT.

i haven't received a letter, but i basically hit and run all of the GoT episodes because i assumed something like this would happen. i hope i lucked out.

It's not just IP Torrents.

It is torrents in general.

I received a warning for watching a single episode of True Detective after TW raved about it. I used Popcorn Time.

HBO is letting the lawyers run wild and the ISP service providers are helping them out, either voluntarily or by law. I don't know.

Shaw Cable sent my notice 2 days ago "On behalf of <insert media group> working with Home Box Office (HBO)".

I think the strategy they use is to mark a torrent and then host it themselves (anonymously of course)... any one who connects to the file and downloads it is then branded in violation. Deploy Lawyers at IP waypoint.

wtf...

you amuricans are stoopid fucks... I don't download movies/series for ages.

Well, I do download - but from popcorntime - everythings vpned etc:

https://popcorntime.io/

there, welcome to europe/free world

`

Or use a Newsgroups provider with SSL encryption.

usenet was great until nzbmatrix was shut down and all the bigger companies like astraweb and giganews started with all the auto-dmca takedown bullshit. i basically stopped using newsgroups once that started happening. i've read up a little bit on how to to bypass some of that stuff, like getting block accounts, but it all seems like too much of a hassle at this point for me to bother anymore. i do miss how it auto-downloaded, auto-renamed, and auto-organized all my stuff though.

Back