[So]{Guess the Race} Lottery Winner Still on Welfare

$200 a month in food stamps!

OMFG CALL THE WORLD POLICE!

It's funny how people can get "outraged" over that petty shit, but take it straight up the ass by kike bankers for trillions every year.

hey fuck you budday. $200 a month extra would be quite nice. fuck her. she doesn't deserve it. that's like a car payment, albeit a shitty car.

hey fuck you budday. $200 a month extra would be quite nice. fuck her. she doesn't deserve it. that's like a car payment, albeit a shitty car.

It's funny how human nature is like that. Rather than demand that we also deserve some assistance maybe in another area we'd rather take something so small away from someone who's catching a break we're we aren't.

She'll need them again in a few years anyway. Some crazy high percent of lottery winners over $50k end up going bankrupt within 5 years.

True, True. That's because they spend it all away like idiots.

Rush talked about her at lunch, but I had already said something before that. He called her a "voter" for Obama.

"I have a lot of expenses from my extravagant shit, so life is still pretty hard for me."

That's actually always been common line of reasoning among the super-wealthy.

Except when people win that kind of money in the lottery, it's not like they're instantly cut a check for $1,000,000 and they suddenly have it sitting in the bank.

You can either opt to give a huge cut of it up to get it right away, or doled out over 40 years.

40 years is a long fucking time to get $1 million.

I figure at best she's pulling in just over $2,000 a month from the winnings. That's the equivelent to someone pulling in $1,000 on a bi-weekly paycheck. This of course doesn't account for taxes she'll have to pay on this income. Full-time Wal-Mart employees make more than this.

No idea if she's got any family under her care, but even if she doesn't, living on $2,000 a month is pretty shitty. Considering things like rent, utilities, groceries, extraneous expenses, etc.

Winning the lottery didn't instantaneously lift her from the need of having state assistance.

Besides, the government's given out billions to banks and various other private sector companies to keep them afloat, if you're outraged over some woman you didn't even know about until just now collecting table scraps from the government then you're a fucking retard.

It's amazing the scope of idiocy people have over things like this. If you're going to fake outrage over something, at least fake outrage over something that matters.

Except when people win that kind of money in the lottery, it's not like they're instantly cut a check for $1,000,000 and they suddenly have it sitting in the bank.

You can either opt to give a huge cut of it up to get it right away, or doled out over 40 years.

40 years is a long fucking time to get $1 million.

I figure at best she's pulling in just over $2,000 a month from the winnings. That's the equivelent to someone pulling in $1,000 on a bi-weekly paycheck.

"Clayton said after paying taxes and deciding on a lump sum she was left with just over $500,000."

It's amazing the scope of idiocy people have over things like this. If you're going to fake outrage over something, at least fake outrage over something that matters.

Reading the article isnt a bad idea either.

Since when is a thousand dollars enough to last more than like a month all things considered? And that's assuming that they don't have any leftover bills to pay.

As far as the OP goes, yeah, she got $500,000 dollars after taxes etc. Probably shouldn't be on welfare anymore. At the same time, she's still earning the same amount as she was before and ended up buying a new house and car, she's going to need to be back on welfare sooner rather than later without a bump up in income. Meh.

$500,000 seems like a lot more than it actually is when you're not used to having more than a few hundred in the bank at any given time.

just wow

wouldn't 500k seem like more if u had less?
does 500k seem like a lot to a billionaire?

inside the mind of a liberal

hey i've been in poverty, but just won $1 million

guess i'll go buy a house that i won't be able to afford the property tax on and buy a car that'll be worthless in 8 years

good idea

article-2111060-120DB374000005DC-885_468x433.jpg

I have just the guy for her

spy%20vs%20spy.jpg

No. My guy is better for her... Oswald Cobblepot.

aRUoD.png

And as an added bonus: He's DEAD!

Ann Romney: 'I Don't Consider Myself Wealthy' | ThinkProgress
Ann Romney inexplicably talked about her wealth this afternoon during an interview on Fox News. “We can be poor in spirit, and I don’t even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing, it can be here today and gone tomorrow,” she said…. The couple made $20.9 million last year, making more in a day than an average American makes in a year, and are worth about $250 million overall…

Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"
Andrew Schiff was sitting in a traffic jam in California this month after giving a speech at an investment conference about gold. He turned off the satellite radio, got out of the car and screamed a profanity.

“I’m not Zen at all, and when I’m freaking out about the situation, where I’m stuck like a rat in a trap on a highway with no way to get out, it’s very hard,” Schiff, director of marketing for broker-dealer Euro Pacific Capital Inc., said in an interview.

Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country’s top 1 percent by income, doesn’t cover his family’s private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square-foot Brooklyn duplex.

“I feel stuck,” Schiff said. “The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach.”

The smaller bonus checks that hit accounts across the financial-services industry this month are making it difficult to maintain the lifestyles that Wall Street workers expect, according to interviews with bankers and their accountants, therapists, advisers and headhunters.

“People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”…

Yup, clearly it's the liberals that have the ridiculous notions about what constitutes wealthy ...

Back