[Sculpture] I started out a life size head...

That armor is really cool, using titanium would be a good choice for making armor as far as the actual forming of it.

The sculpture looks good but I am a tool and die maker so the armor is more interesting to me.

I'm sorry, I might not appreciate art but between the loser sculpting his best friend and larper mc faggot over there making his new +5beastslaying breastplate, i'm gonna have to say that this thread is genuinely homosexual

TW, with it's share of assholes and idiots and trolls, really does have it's fair share of talented people too.

Awesome work, to all who have posted it (the clay, the armor, etc..)

MinasTirithGuard said:
Beautiful armor mrkshammerhand, thanks alot for posting it. The new breastplate looks amazing.

I've been doing a bit more work on the head. I'm not sure how to light these photos correctly, the clay is very reflective.

Head1a.jpg
Its so real, I'd fuck it.
Two thumbs up :)

bonafide said:
Are you SCA mrks? Some of the battles they have a pretty kickass (300+ people).

yes I am. 300 heck try 2400 plus... those were the old days though. 2004s big war had around 1600 fighters.

best battle was when the had all the knights gather in to the middle then they charged us straight into the screaming hordes. it was glorious...

earlier they had knights against the world and it reminded me of the the kingdom of heaven where he charged the hordes with his small personal army.

here is a short clip of my squire brother fighting his way an a bridge battle: http://antirfighters.com/antirsquires/luthersheroicbattle.wmv

here is a short singles combat vid: http://tiarmour.com/SCAFightPractice.mpeg please understand some the guys fighting use terrible technique.

larp? kesh... hardly

if it wasnt for the armour we would kill each other.

wrap%20to%20the%20face4%20closeup.jpg

I will see if I can dig up a few oictures of metal faces.

11-14Head1.jpg

11-14Head3.jpg

11-14Head2.jpg

I want to make a mold of this. If I can use cheap latex then I will finish this head up, if I have to pay 100+ bucks for silicone rubber I may be inclined to wreck the head and start over. What do you guys think? I'm going to bring the neck out into half-shoulders when I get in a new shipment of clay.

hey minas go for the shoulders.

thats some damn fine work.

you might even be able to find someone to help you cast the mold.

I would post for artist help on craigslist and see if someone wll help you along.

if you were making armour in my area I sure would do my best to promote you along the learning curve.

Last edited:
Back