Samsung galaxy update KILLS battery life now

Raze1

Veteran X
Battery life used to be great. The previous update improved it noticeably. For example on the drive to work the battery would drop from 99 to 93 with me checking tw and Facebook. With the last update I would do the same and the battery would drop from 99 to 98.

This latest update released ota sucks juice like I was watching hd video 24 thru 4g. Even if I disable the "new" connection optimizer, it still is worse than when I bought the phone a year ago.

Anyone else experience this on their s2 s3 or notes?

get a hamster they're more sanitary, rats tend to bring mites into the house. 100 ml of water plus feed and wood shavings.

Update to Cyan 10 nightlies, the stock Samsung ROM is garbage. Got my buddy's s3 running it and he couldn't be happier. Going on strong for a few weeks now.

Maybe don't check your phone while you drive, less chance of dying etc.

I always wondered what it'd be like to be poor.

My s2 is draining noticeably faster now i have to charge it each night as opposed to every 2ish days

i was really hoping i wouldnt have to mod my s3 but i may end up moving that direction

dang

galaxy nexus stock was really terrible. for some reason stock s2 and s3 are blazing fast with little hangups but galaxy nexus is just trash. i still have the nexus. i havent run stock in ages. the thing hangs all the time. got better with 4.2 but still horrendous compared to others.

ive gone through some 4 or so of the most popular roms by now. and ya, some programs just chew through battery.

You're either an idiot or you just bought a defective phone Przn
I've had my nexus for over a year now. Best phone I've ever owned. No lags, no freezes and running stock.

Dang

It must suck 2 buy a phone that you have to spend hours modifying before its usable

ya, iphone5 has better batt life and smoother operation than s3 (although the smoother operation part may be due to iphone ported apps moreso than any s3 performance issues) :(

BUT, the new google cards feature on android phones is pretty awesome. apple has no equivalent (although maybe google offers an app on the iphone). That feature alone makes me happy with my decision to stick with android.

Last edited:
galaxy nexus stock was really terrible. for some reason stock s2 and s3 are blazing fast with little hangups but galaxy nexus is just trash. i still have the nexus. i havent run stock in ages. the thing hangs all the time. got better with 4.2 but still horrendous compared to others.

ive gone through some 4 or so of the most popular roms by now. and ya, some programs just chew through battery.

That's weird bro. I run stock ROM (latest) on my GNEX and its perfect. Battery life is excellent and performance is spot-on. Never had a crash or a hang-up with the OS itself.

Back