Rosetta comet landing 2014

10390902_799669113425306_5336998917983323446_n.jpg

probe may be upside down or on its side....and may be in darkness, which means it only has 30 hours of battery until it gets closer to the sun in a couple of months

this girl is super mad at the guy for wearing that shirt. i on the other hand want to buy it and celebrate the baller shit they achieved.

https://twitter.com/maggiekb1

"Because women are your goddamn punchline. And demeaning women is a fun way to show how casual you are! How unlike stuffy stereotypes!"

Maggie Koerth-Baker @maggiekb1 · 4h 4 hours ago

BRB: Ordering a new work shirt printed with pictures of guys undergoing ball torture. I think it will really improve office morale.

yeah, real mature, ya dumb angry cunt

dude, robot is fucked already. it landed next to a fall and its support beams didn't work.. lol.. I guess shits made 10 years ago sucks :ugh:

Last edited:
yes- it's confirmed:

Philae's Bad Landing Turns the Rosetta Mission Into a Race Against Time

It was a historic landing on a comet, but unfortunately, not a smooth one. The ESA confirmed that Rosetta's lander, Philae, bounced twice and ultimately ended up sideways in the shadow of a cliff, where its solar panels can't gather enough energy. When Philae's battery dies, the mission will die with it.

sucks...

The problem began, it seems, when Philae touched down on the comet for the first time, but its harpoons did not fire to anchor the lander. The comet's gravity is 100,000 times weaker than Earth's, so Philae bounced more than half a mile into space before setting down, only to bounce a second time. Now, the ESA thinks Philae is sitting on its side, with one of its three feet in the air, at the bottom of a cliff.

Back