RIP Roger Moore

ST-534x400.png

They have had a bunch of bond movies playing on one of the movie channels I get, I watched part of Never Say Never Again, that was Sean Connery and a hot young Kim Basinger which was decent.

I watched most of The Living Daylights with Timothy Dalton, even though he only did 2 movies I thought he made a good bond.

Roger Moore was a good Bond but he also got to be in some classic Bond movies with some great villains that made his films memorable.

"Moonraker? The gondola turns into a hovercraft? It's retarded. And besides, the guy had, like, no edge."

I saw an interview with him once where he was describing his Bond... I can't find it exactly, but it went something along the lines of "This guy is supposed to be the best secret agent in the world, yet he walks into a room and the main target of his investigation says 'Aaah, Mr Bond! I've been expecting you!'. You can't take that guy seriously. So I didn't."

I think he was certainly the most fun Bond out there. RIP, Sir Moore.

Edit because oh yeah, Knight!

Last edited:
In late 80's my dad and Roger Moore were neighbors in Beverly Hills. I stayed with my dad for a bit before I went into the military and had the chance to meet Roger Moore a couple times. He was always pleasant and friendly.

Bond movies got real formulaic during his era, but that wasn't Moore's fault. (crazier and crazier villains and vehicles) I've liked every Bond. They've all put their own little spin on it.

"I mean, there's a shot of, like, pigeons doing double-takes when the gondola blasted by! Moonraker is inexcusable!"

Back