Rex Grossman to the skins

I hope rex starts and we win 14 games in a row so we can then say, "How about those Rexskins!"
Alternativly, rex starts and we lose 14 games in a row, and we say, "How about those Rexskins..."

Good or bad, Rex is one of the most anger inducing QBs ever. He has a couple of good games and you actually start to believe that he isn't that bad and bwammo!

I had 3 years of that and I almost converted to being a packer fan.

on the other hand, the running game is simply not THAT important any more.

i'd rather have a line that could pass protect and can't blast anyone at the LOS than have one that was just decent at both

that's neat and all but passing plays were called 56% of the time in the 2009 season (a deviation of 2% since 1984)

so someone disagrees with you

that's neat and all but passing plays were called 56% of the time in the 2009 season (a deviation of 2% since 1984)

so someone disagrees with you

largely irrelevant.

the correlation between having a good passing attack and winning is clearly much stronger than the correlation between having a good run game and winning. obviously you'd like to run the ball well (especially on a per carry basis) but having a good passing game is so much more important to putting points on the board.

largely irrelevant.

the correlation between having a good passing attack and winning is clearly much stronger than the correlation between having a good run game and winning. obviously you'd like to run the ball well (especially on a per carry basis) but having a good passing game is so much more important to putting points on the board.

is that right?

because the jets made it to the afc championship with a rookie QB who was mediocre at best. they did that with a solid defense and a great running game.

the running game is easily overlooked because its not as flashy as the passing game. but at the end of the day i'd take a medocre passing game and a great running game over a great passing game and mediocre running game.

running the ball allows you to control the clock, and field position, way better than passing.

thats just my opinion though, and i watch the NFC East pretty much exclusively. and that division is heavily based on running the ball and stopping the run.

As a Bears fan I know for a fact that Rex was horrible in Chicago. However that was not because he was a horrible QB but due to him having horrible coaching. Seriously, how do you put the QB with the WORST, WORST 4th quarter QB rating in the super bowl back when the Bears were in the big game. Urlacher and all the other defenders who were the team got injured cause they played the majority of every game (and that season got a ton of offense for the team). Then again, anyone who is a Bears fan, after seeing Jones getting traded so that run straight, no agility Benson could start knows the Chicago coaching staff is horrible (Turner being the worst OC in the game).

Rex does have a lot of ability, however he needs a good coach to hone those skills. If he finds that on the Redskins, swiss offensive line or not he will do well. If not then just looking forward to if the Bears happen to play the skins this season :)

largely irrelevant.

like i said, that's neat and all, but runs are still called nearly 50% of the time. this isn't a minor part of the game we're talking about. ask green bay how far just scoring lots of points got them? sometimes you need to be able to control the game, and 3rd and long situations will just not allow that to happen with any consistency.

if the colts getting to the super bowl is related to any major factors, i'd list them in order of importance:
- peyton manning
- defensive play
- weak schedule

the lack of a running game didn't hurt them as much as it could have another team, but the guy who picks their players wants to get bigger on the O-line this offseason. why?

and anyone who actually watched a saints game will tell you that while brees may have been the core of the team, their running game is the reason they were able to be so consistent this year.

anyways, to me, the real point of having a good running game, and the definition of a good running game, isn't just putting up 150 yards a game on the ground. it is the ability to get 1 yard, or 2 yards, when you really need it, without having to go the air. a good running game will force a team to defend it even if you don't have peyton manning under center.

As a Bears fan I know for a fact that Rex was horrible in Chicago. However that was not because he was a horrible QB but due to him having horrible coaching. Seriously, how do you put the QB with the WORST, WORST 4th quarter QB rating in the super bowl back when the Bears were in the big game. Urlacher and all the other defenders who were the team got injured cause they played the majority of every game (and that season got a ton of offense for the team). Then again, anyone who is a Bears fan, after seeing Jones getting traded so that run straight, no agility Benson could start knows the Chicago coaching staff is horrible (Turner being the worst OC in the game).

Rex does have a lot of ability, however he needs a good coach to hone those skills. If he finds that on the Redskins, swiss offensive line or not he will do well. If not then just looking forward to if the Bears happen to play the skins this season :)

as a skins fan, looking back on the 2006 bears and grossman, what stands out to me is their lack of WR's.

i don't remember them having any strong WR's. they turned hester into a WR for christ sakes, and picked up brandon lloyd. if those are improvements, then holy crap you weren't working with much to begin with.

like i said, that's neat and all, but runs are still called nearly 50% of the time. this isn't a minor part of the game we're talking about. ask green bay how far just scoring lots of points got them? sometimes you need to be able to control the game, and 3rd and long situations will just not allow that to happen with any consistency.

if the colts getting to the super bowl is related to any major factors, i'd list them in order of importance:
- peyton manning
- defensive play
- weak schedule

the lack of a running game didn't hurt them as much as it could have another team, but the guy who picks their players wants to get bigger on the O-line this offseason. why?

and anyone who actually watched a saints game will tell you that while brees may have been the core of the team, their running game is the reason they were able to be so consistent this year.

anyways, to me, the real point of having a good running game, and the definition of a good running game, isn't just putting up 150 yards a game on the ground. it is the ability to get 1 yard, or 2 yards, when you really need it, without having to go the air. a good running game will force a team to defend it even if you don't have peyton manning under center.

i agree with you on that. running is important. the saints had a good running attack last year, and the colts didn't. combine that with the momentum swing of the gutsy onsides kick, and the saints win the SB.

I think that the Redskins would be thrilled to have any kind of consistent attack, either running or passing or both. It starts with improving the offensive line, something that Vinnie Cerrato has ignored for decades.

Good or bad, Rex is one of the most anger inducing QBs ever. He has a couple of good games and you actually start to believe that he isn't that bad and bwammo!

I had 3 years of that and I almost converted to being a packer fan.

You must not see many redskin games, what you describe is pretty much the game plan in washington. We're talking about the washington redskins here, washington "hey I think we'll take the number one team in the nfl into overtime in a high scoring game and then lose to the lions" redskins. It's going to be a while before were not cynical.

...then lose to the lions" redskins. It's going to be a while before were not cynical.

Could be worse, you could be a lions fan. I know a few of those. Most however are at peace with the world as they have already accepted that there are 3 knowns in the universe: death, taxes, and that the Lions will suck lolrofl

I can assure you having the ability to gain 3 yards when you really really really need it is pretty god damn important

Jim Zorn is the Redskins "feel good" story because he signed on with the Ravens as Quarterback Coach. He finally has a chance to succeed now.

Back