Rex Grossman to the skins

You guys will laugh at this comment. Give Rex one of the best O lines in the game and he can win a ton of games and throw a shit load of TD's. Same can be said about a lot of QB's in this league, but Rex's play is affected much more by the line in front of him then any other QB. Not sure how to describe it. He has more upside and downside depending on the line then other shitty QB's. Quality QB's are less affected by this obviously.

I won't laugh. It's called being a mediocre NFL QB.

Great quarterbacks are defined by the speed in which they read defenses and deliver the ball. Period.

Any mediocre O-line will thrive behind a great QB. Any QB getting paid to be in the league at all will thrive behind a 'great' O-line.

That and a bag of quarters will get your laundry done...

The best example, to me, is the Colts. Their O-line is far from the best in the league, and they know it. They can't run the ball at all, their GM called them out immediately following the Super Bowl, and a guy who started every game for them in 2009 was just cut from the team and signed a deal in KC for way below a decent starting guard's average salary.

Peyton Manning leaves a game, Curtis Painter comes in: sack, forced fumble, touchdown.

I hope rex starts and we win 14 games in a row so we can then say, "How about those Rexskins!"
Alternativly, rex starts and we lose 14 games in a row, and we say, "How about those Rexskins..."

youre a retard.. not because of what you say here, but because you think grossman was brought in to be the starter; you do realize todd collins was released right? we need a back up qb, and colt is still hurt and was nothing more than a project anyhow.

What is the deal with Brennan's injury?

What is the deal with Brennan's injury?

He's got two bad hips, both of which he's had surgery on in the past 3 years.. right hip before his rookie season and left hip this season. Not to mention the torn hamstring this year as well. The mans legs are fucked. There really hasn't been an injury update since like september when he was placed on IR.

injury or no injury colt isn't the answer.

grossman was brought in to be a backup.

they still might draft a QB but my bet is JC is the starter week 1.

week 16... completely different story. JC hasn't has a good O line, or solid running game, or a real good defense. He's a mediocre QB so far, and unless he shows potential, its only a matter of time before he's replaced.

The best example, to me, is the Colts. Their O-line is far from the best in the league, and they know it. They can't run the ball at all, their GM called them out immediately following the Super Bowl, and a guy who started every game for them in 2009 was just cut from the team and signed a deal in KC for way below a decent starting guard's average salary.

Peyton Manning leaves a game, Curtis Painter comes in: sack, forced fumble, touchdown.
I mean I'm not denying Peyton is the best in the league but do you really think the fact that their GM called the line out is proof that it's bad? Their line isn't amazing but it's pretty fucking solid. And in that game certainly they weren't to blame :rofl:

Pretty much everyone is a Manning apologist so using what media / figures within the Colts organization have said about that game isn't really a great barometer. I mean Dungy threw Garcon under the bus :lol:

And in that Jets game certainly Manning wasn't playing like Curtis Painter before he came in but he was definitely getting rattled a bit as he always does when a team can get pressure. And even then, Painter was a rookie who hadn't played in an NFL game and was basically thrown in against the most mindfuck vicious nigger defense in the league. He could have had the Jets o-line and probably still had the same result, so that incident isn't really evidence of Manning's skill overcoming a bad O-line.

There's also something to be said about the presence of Jeff Saturday. Manning has had ONE center his entire career and he's by all accounts one of the best in the league...the Colts are insanely good at blitz pickup.

This is all beside the point though I guess. Rex Grossman is mediocre at best...

Last edited:
I mean I'm not denying Peyton is the best in the league but do you really think the fact that their GM called the line out is proof that it's bad? Their line isn't amazing but it's pretty fucking solid. And in that game certainly they weren't to blame :rofl:

Pretty much everyone is a Manning apologist so using what media / public figures have said about that game isn't really a great barometer. I mean Dungy threw Garcon under the bus :lol:

i think mannings ability to read and release quickly makes his line look better than they are.

not saying they're bad, just that manning makes them look better. much like i think he makes his WR's look better. it goes both ways... a great O line can make the qb look good, and vice versa

yeah, they could draft jimmy claussen in the 6th rd if he slips.

well... yeah
my understanding is he wont drop out of the first round, but i don't claim to know the prospects that well. i look them up after we draft them. i honestly don't give a shit about anyone not wearing the B&G.

i honestly think shanahan views QB's like RB's... they're a dime a dozen, you just better make sure you can spot the once in a decade all star like manning/brady, and do everything you can to get them and keep them. outside of that, if the res tof your team is good, almost any QB can be plugged in.

i think mannings ability to read and release quickly makes his line look better than they are.

not saying they're bad, just that manning makes them look better. much like i think he makes his WR's look better. it goes both ways... a great O line can make the qb look good, and vice versa

they were last in rushing yards/game and 30th in yards/carry. however they allowed the fewest sacks, some of it is on manning's quick release, but they're still pretty good.

well... yeah
my understanding is he wont drop out of the first round, but i don't claim to know the prospects that well. i look them up after we draft them. i honestly don't give a shit about anyone not wearing the B&G.

i honestly think shanahan views QB's like RB's... they're a dime a dozen, you just better make sure you can spot the once in a decade all star like manning/brady, and do everything you can to get them and keep them. outside of that, if the res tof your team is good, almost any QB can be plugged in.

yeah, he'll be gone in the first. i was just giving you shit. i don't see them taking claussen

Everyone always says that but I'm sorry, if you get sacked ~10 times a year the line is doing a good fucking job. Even great offensive lines give up a few bullshit insta sacks. They aren't good at run-blocking but as I said before, their blitz-pickup is incredibly good (except in 05 when Joey Porter carved him up with his boot knife).

It's undeniable that Manning reads fast with a quick release, but for a team that throws ~60% of the time it's astounding that he isn't on the ground more, even with his insane talent.

Their line is also under more scrutiny than probably any in the league because even if Manning's not getting sacked, they're getting called out if someone even touches him. Polian calling out the O-line was fucking asinine IMO. You look at Manning's stat line and it's pretty much impossible to do much better with the exception of the interception. They gave him all the opportunities in the world to do well, but receivers dropped a few passes, he threw a costly pick, and the Saints played nigh flawlessly.

To suggest that there was some big massive breakdown in offensive line play is hilarious honestly; both teams played extremely well offensively so the team that made the most mistakes lost, it's that simple.

Last edited:
All I suggested was that Peyton's line is not 'great'.

I do not believe they have the ability to make a mediocre QB look good and they clearly do not have the ability to push the defensive line off the ball with any consistency.

since there is draft talk

someone post the latest espn insider mock drafts

Heck the Niners got David Carr. Now they have two 1st overall draft pick QB busts on their roster. Then again if they actually patch up their O line this might fare well who knows.

Last edited:
All I suggested was that Peyton's line is not 'great'.

I do not believe they have the ability to make a mediocre QB look good and they clearly do not have the ability to push the defensive line off the ball with any consistency.

on the other hand, the running game is simply not THAT important any more.

i'd rather have a line that could pass protect and can't blast anyone at the LOS than have one that was just decent at both

Back