[PS3] ModNation Racers

also, someone needs to create a tw sticker set and some mods / karts

psn = vancizzle

look in the share station for a kart called "twwip"

maybe someone more talented than me with the logo creator can come up with something nicer, basically just a logo and text that can be edited

Last edited:
I didn't get on tonight to add anyone, will try before the weekend.

TheGrudge - PSN: Myosis
Filsinger - PSN: f1lsinger
KillerONE - PSN: SooFooMarty
|Blitzkrieg| - PSN: daergar822
SuperNova - PSN: Mistarnova
starwolf_nexus - PSN: Bang102
vance - PSN: vancizzle

(Updated OP)

Has anyone beaten the 2nd Island Dash objective? You have to get 4000 air points. I'm almost done with the 4th circuit and I have beaten almost all of the objectives and gotten all of the tokens... but no matter what I do, I still can't freaking beat this one objective. I tried looking up a guide online to no avail.

I beat it, the trick is to on the first beach corner take a far right through the jungle and it'll eventually take a bend to the backside of the wrecked ship, and is the only jump you'll get any major air off of.

I beat it, the trick is to on the first beach corner take a far right through the jungle and it'll eventually take a bend to the backside of the wrecked ship, and is the only jump you'll get any major air off of.

Yeah I found that, but it only gives me 1000 or so air points each jump which equals around 3000 and you need 4000.

Yeah I found that, but it only gives me 1000 or so air points each jump which equals around 3000 and you need 4000.

doubletap x just before you exit the jump ramp and u will get more air

and throughout the course theres small jumps that u can add to the airtime by doubletapping x to get 100-200ish points

afiak tho if u do the big jump right while using the jumpbutton u will get ~1800 points per lap

Ok I just tried the race 5 times in a row. No matter when I time the double jump, I can't get over 1050 in that ramp you speak of. Also the other big one on the track, I can't even hit over 200 on it. Every other small ramp in the level doesn't give me any air points at all. The most I can come up with is around 3500. How in the hell are you getting 1800 on that ramp?

Well I finally beat it, but I beat it by ramping up the side of the road on the end and then boosting and double jumping. Strange... but it worked.

Anyway... how come none of you are ever on? I have been playing just about every night since the game was released and I never see anyone on.

Also I have one complaint for this game.... connection issues. Sometimes it takes my friend and I 30 minutes to finally be able to play some casual races together, and even then we get kicked out all the time.

So far I have beaten all of the objectives, found all the tokens and beaten all of the grudge matches in the first three circuits. The only thing I haven't finished is the grudge match for Rickety Bridge.

How are the rest of you doing?

i try to play online and end up waiting 10-15 mins to get into a race, they should really work on the matchmaking for the game... its quite bad to me currently

Seriously this game is making me fucking rage. The AI in this game is just too fucking smart. For a "kart racing" genre of game, its not even fun.

Seriously this game is making me fucking rage. The AI in this game is just too fucking smart. For a "kart racing" genre of game, its not even fun.

It's hard as hell... especially when you get into the 4th circuit... but it's not impossible. The game forces you to become an expert at a map in order to beat most of the objectives. Sometimes I have to do a map 10 or so times in a row before I can even figure out how to get first place. But once you do and once you beat all the objectives and find all the tokens... you're a beast at the map when racing online.

also, someone needs to create a tw sticker set and some mods / karts

psn = vancizzle

look in the share station for a kart called "twwip"

maybe someone more talented than me with the logo creator can come up with something nicer, basically just a logo and text that can be edited

I'm waiting until I unlock everything before I make any tracks or publish any creations... but I would definitely be up for making some TW themed stuff. Wouldn't be hard at all to make the logo and use the color scheme on a few karts.

I haven't really seen you on much... or anyone for that matter.

I am almost done with the 4th tour. I mentioned the other day about how hard this game is, but I have changed my mind. Sure it's difficult, but if you stick to a track and grind at it... it's definitely possible to beat all of the objectives. The tokens show you where all the good shortcuts are. Each time I race a map, I learn new strategies until eventually I can beat it.

I created blind side mountain if you search for downloads by friends...

PS. the shortcut
Spoiler

been on mostly after 9 central.

Trying demo first.

The demo is shit. All it really does is show you that you can create some things and it gives you somewhat of an idea of how the game controls... but that's it. Also, you don't really have any idea of how the driving feels in this game until you have learned all of the strategies that the game teaches you through in game tips and little notes before and after races.

Get the game! We need some more TW racers... not enough of you guys get on very often.

I've been busy lately, I definitely plan to get some racing done. Busy and the fact my TV has been acting up lately.

:)

Finally started playing online a little bit as of last night

Today, playing on the wharf track (forget the name, big cruise ship in the middle you jump over), some dude was doing 11sec. laps, and the lap record reported was 8 seconds. There's some exploit to it, don't know what it is, but I reported the douche using it

Not cool to get a warning that the race will be ending in 30 seconds before you finish your first lap D:

Back