[PS3] ModNation Racers

KillerONE

Veteran X
Demo out today, downloading now. Been watching this one for a bit. It follows in the Little Big Planet tradition of Create, Share and Play or whatever. Anyway, it's a Mario Kart like game that has good potential for lots of fun and replayability.

ModNation Racers for PS3 - ModNation Racers Playstation 3 - ModNation Racers PS3 Game

TheGrudge - PSN: Myosis
Filsinger - PSN: f1lsinger
KillerONE - PSN: SooFooMarty
|Blitzkrieg| - PSN: daergar822
SuperNova - PSN: Mistarnova
starwolf_nexus - PSN: Bang102
vance - PSN: vancizzle

Last edited:
I preordered this and have been following it for months. It's what mario kart always should have been. Downloading the demo now.

I played through a few laps. Pretty fun, I like the controls, everything seemed pretty smooth.

They let you edit tracks with the demo, just can't save or play anything you've made. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it. Big fan of racing games, not much on the PS3, so this will probably be my first racing game purchase.

I have been really interested in it, though I have heard there are some issues with the lag and stuff. I'll keep an ear open for it an maybe pick it up after a patch or two.

The main complaint I heard was that it's like other "kart" games or whatever where you could be racing a perfect race and have a huge lead when all of a sudden someone uses some douchey power-up that screws you up completely. I get the idea of "balance"... but I'd always hate in Mario Kart when I'd be kicking ass and that would happen.

I have been considering ditching our 360 for a PS3 - the kids ignore the 360 for the newer Wii and other than the AAA titles like Halo (which we dont have), I don't see a lot of games I am interested in.

But this game and Little Big Planet seem like reason enough to trade.

The main complaint I heard was that it's like other "kart" games or whatever where you could be racing a perfect race and have a huge lead when all of a sudden someone uses some douchey power-up that screws you up completely. I get the idea of "balance"... but I'd always hate in Mario Kart when I'd be kicking ass and that would happen.

This.

I'll buy it if there isn't too much 'rubber band' racing where one power up sends you from 1st to 8th.

i'm pretty sure that you can race with no power-ups.. there's some option like "pure race."

that said, i tried the demo and i wasn't impressed. i didn't like the feel of the handling, which is somehow a mix of realistic and arcady, but doesn't have the good feel of mario kart drifting. i'm pretty sure there are no customizations that affect the performance of your kart, which is lame. i'd also prefer something that's 1080p.

I like the prospect of unlocking mod, kart, and track parts and building my own stuff... but the question is, will I really get into it? The idea seems cool, but I worry that I'll get the game and mess around with it for a while and then sell it.

Pre-ordered it a while back. Downloaded the demo last night, haven't had a chance to play it yet. Should be good, looks like a pretty high class title that isn't a hardcore game. I need something more casual

here is the in game character i'm going to steal by poorly recreating
Zangief--article_image.jpg

PASTA VAJOOOULE

Back