[Planetside 2] Playing in the fields of war

I've been playing on Waterson as Vanu with VREV, we've been playing in some MLG matches lately. Got a teamspeak server up and we have anywhere from 1 to 3 platoons running depending on how many outfit members are on. I only wish the light assault jump-jets were a bit beefier like Tribes 2 classic style.

Y U STEAL MAH SIGNATURE??

I uh ... I will just say wow. I just use quotes before all my videos. Irony it happens to be yours.

Wow dude we need to get together, this is EXACTLY what me and a buddy have been doing the last week or so. The harasser is so fucking fun and we are fucking sick in it. 2 at once would be insane.

Indeed. Except our harassers are on Waterson server. Might take a couple nights to deck out a harasser on a different server.

The alerts are probably the best thing they've added to the game. It's nice having goals that encourages people to actually fight instead of just randomly capping bases.

The absolutely stupid faction imbalances kill this game.

There's a couple of bullshit imbalances that are hard to swallow. I still enjoy it, but the worst is the F2P model. Constantly Introducing new weapons to buy that are just OP for one faction are a priority while fixing bugs that have been in the game since launch is not.

Ye well, but that was to be expected as soon as SoE announced that it'll be a F2P game.
Release new overpowered weapons -> People buy them -> wait 1 month then nerf them -> rinse and repeat.

I honestly don't think the new weapons they've introduced have been overpowered. They just fill roles that didn't exist before. Infiltrators could either snipe or use a pistol, so they introduced SMGs. Shotguns were a completely new class of weapon that are only effective in certain situations. The empire specific anti-vehicle weapons didn't really affect anything (other than the phoenix was truly OP for a week or so and is now absolute garbage).

Other than the fact that NC maxes are absolutely useless outside of point blank range (and anti-vehicle maxes from all factions being pretty gimpy in general), I don't think the game is all that unbalanced. But that was just introduced in the last patch with empire specific max abilities.

Except fuck one shot sniper kills. If you play a sniper infiltrator, i hope you die in a fire.

one shot kills are fairly difficult to land consistently. stay on the move and head shots are basically random due to strange hit box issues.

Yeah, I understand that, and I'm pretty good at keeping a random movement pattern going instead of standing still, but it still pisses me off when it happens because it feels like it happens more than it should. That said, I can't hit anything when I snipe, so it must take some sort of skill, even if there's a touch of randomness. At least in PS1, you could only hit stationary targets or you had to be really good at leading people because it took a few seconds of holding your crosshair absolutely still before you'd have any kind of accuracy. It wasn't a one shot kill either. I had no problem with this.

In conclusion, please die in a fire, snipers.

Still playing. Still enjoying it. Not like any other good FPS games are out there right now anyway. Also, plenty of people are still playing.

ZOE is just stupid OP and I've been playing my VS alt on Waterson b/c playing NC on Mattherson is just daft due to the population imbalance:

That KDR will go north of 7 w/in a few weeks. I'm dropping NC and TR MAXES like butter.

ZOE isn't that good with AI. It's like one fewer bullet to kill at rank 5. It does knock down the TTK with AV and Bursters by quite a bit though.

I just hate all the new MAX nubs who do stupid shit like turn on ZOE in a Biolab MAX crash and strafe back and forth in front of everyone else, so the entire backrow either have to TK them or get killed by enemy nade spam while unable to fire back. I can't count the number of times we have had offenses stalled by these retards.

I honestly don't think the new weapons they've introduced have been overpowered. They just fill roles that didn't exist before. Infiltrators could either snipe or use a pistol, so they introduced SMGs. Shotguns were a completely new class of weapon that are only effective in certain situations. The empire specific anti-vehicle weapons didn't really affect anything (other than the phoenix was truly OP for a week or so and is now absolute garbage).

Other than the fact that NC maxes are absolutely useless outside of point blank range (and anti-vehicle maxes from all factions being pretty gimpy in general), I don't think the game is all that unbalanced. But that was just introduced in the last patch with empire specific max abilities.

Except fuck one shot sniper kills. If you play a sniper infiltrator, i hope you die in a fire.

Going up against an Area denial TR Striker squad showcases the OP of that weapon. The Lock On range is outrageous. The weapon can clip through any inanimate object and the world itself. I was messing around with it and you can just pan your camera, lock onto a target you can't even see in the distance and fire.

Back