@people who wait for the closest parking spot...

Like I was telling everyone in my first post, I was going to make a video and send it to the Scotty Kilmer channel. Let's talk about the correct way to park.

Here's a curb stop. Notice the width. For most cars, the width of the tires is the same as the curb stop.
BadParking080119003.jpg

Park with your wheel at the edge of the curb stop.
BadParking080119007.jpg

Look, the car is perfectly centered, what a concept. No door dings.
BadParking080119006.jpg

how about this.... how can someone back into a spot like this, then just decide to leave it there? mind-boggling as stated by ngfm

bB9buOL.jpg

Of coarse I back in most of the time. Makes it easy to leave and less chance of an accident.

Think about it. When you back in, chances are no one is behind you, and you can't mess up the under carriage by going in too far. Park the car, perfectly centered. When it's time to leave, no chance of an accident because you can see if a car is coming.

I usually take the first spot in the middle I see open. I hate spot waiters if it isn't a full lot. Just park and walk the extra 5 feet Karen.

I've learned to back first mainly because it's hammered into professional drivers. Most accidents happen while backing when you can't see wtf you're backing into. Traffic isn't moving in the parking spot you're backing into, and you can see down the road before and after you park. Backing into traffic blind is the perfect way to cause an accident. Most companys that have drivers track backing along with seatbelts, etc because it's the number one cause of accidents.

Factor in short women and new rollover standards that make car windows smaller and rear visibility worse, and it makes sense to back first. Backup cameras help, but a screen is no replacement for eyeballs.

My wife finally got it when we watched two cars back into each other in the corner of a parking lot one morning.

That's how you end up with crap produce. I'm not letting some min. wage burn out pack bruised apples and moldy tomatoes the manager is trying to move out.

wait wut?

nobody keeps gorilla glue or super glue as a nice reminder for douche parking?

amateurs

How bout the 12 items or less rule doesn’t apply to me people

I did that once a few months back during a quiet day at the supermarket.

3 lanes were open, no one being checked out and few people in the store. Pick the closest lane. The cashier made some sarcastic remark that went over my head...realized about half way thru I'm in the 10 item lane.

O well I bought a white car around the same time too

I did that once a few months back during a quiet day at the supermarket.

3 lanes were open, no one being checked out and few people in the store. Pick the closest lane. The cashier made some sarcastic remark that went over my head...realized about half way thru I'm in the 10 item lane.

O well I bought a white car around the same time too

Kroger here doesn't run express lane anymore. It's regular lane or u-scan.

Back