[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

Markov wont ever have the same amount of points as Green.

That said, he will be much better defensively.

It's awesome to see a D man score 30 goals, but there are much better guys that can put up points and still play awesome D.

Sojourn nailed it pretty much. Although I wouldnt say Markov should be considered for the Norris. Great D man, but there were a lot of players more deserving than him this IMO.

Agreed, but I never said HE was the best in the league. I said he should be a contender for the Norris, not he's the best D man in the league.

And the Bruins are killing the Habs... that might be Bruins in 4 finally. It's not that Bruins outplay the Habs that much, just the fucking Habs can't score and make terrible mistakes.

Gainey has killed this team. It's weird, coming from a guy that had such a career with the Habs, it's really weird to see him do all this to the team.

Letting Streit leave, his stubborn attitude and most of all, the fact he keeps giving breaks to the guys when they do not deserve them at all. What do you think the Bruins have done between game 1 and 2? Fucking practice like mad to make little details perfect even though they won. Meanwhile, the Habs are fucking chilling in Boston. Wtf? How come no work ethic is in order with Gainey, I really really really don't get it.

The organization also doesn't support/develop rookies, the Kots story with the mafia is a good example, letting Ribeiro leave because of *attitude problems* is another. A lot of excellent young players from the minor league in Quebec are not scouted by the Habs and are signed by other teams in the NHL. Koivu still captain of this team... and I'm skipping a lot of other problems. This team is going nowhere, but the stupid hardcore fans here will still fill up the seats at the Bell Centre so the president/owner are rolling on the floor and laughing real hard.

A lot of things need to change... a lot.

Last edited:
kovalev is just as good a playmaker as ovechkin is

take the habs glasses off

It isn't about who the better playmaker is, but you're also forgetting players like Semin, and Backstrom. Green is a better offensive talent than Markov, and unquestionably so. Markov is the more complete defenseman.

I think Markov deserves some votes because he is just a very good player for the Habs, and one that probably doesn't get as much attention as he deserves. I would put Niedermayer, Lidstrom, Chara, and Keith all above him, but being a finalist is different than being a candidate. J.S. Giguere was a candidate for the Vezina last season, placing 4th in votes (1 less than Lundqvist), but he wasn't a finalist... and everyone knew it was a two-race horse between Naby and Marty. If your definition of a candidate is "Can they realistically win it?" then Lundqvist wouldn't be on that list, and Markov wouldn't be on the Norris list.

The defensemen most likely to be finalists are Chara, Lidstrom, and Green, but I think there were some defensemen who deserve to be finalists over Lidstrom and Green.

At this rate, they won't be chilling in boston again until next fall

What a difference from last year

There are not a lot of differences with last year.

Here are the differences:

-Injuries
-Powerplay
-1 offensive line working

That's it. Habs finished first because of their powerplay, everybody knows that. 5 vs 5, they suck as much this year as they were last year. Plekanec/Kots doing nothing but shit this year is also killing the team.

An NHL analyst claimed the Habs are the only ones having so much trouble getting out of their own zone and it's true. Fuck, it's not hard, you regroup, all five players and move together, gain speed, make a good pass D->O and that's it. Not the Habs, they wait for the bomb all the time and have no momentum. If you haven't noticed, check the D->O transition, it's the worst in the league.

Also, the D is too passive. Look at how the players never rush the other team's forwards. Montreal also sucks 1 on 1 in the corner. Montreal dominates if they have space. So if they face a passive/zone defense, they will win. As soon as they play vs a physical/pressure team like Boston or most of the teams in the Western Conference, they are completely blocked and can't do shit.

Whoops . whoda thunk that suck ass Osgood would post a shutout and have only 1 goal against in 2 games He is da werst goailee evar!!!!!

CBJ got schooled...

I am out

PS..Xcursion is a fag.

edit:
Osgood stopped 25 shots and moved into a fourth-place tie on the NHL’s career postseason shutout list with former teammate Dominik Hasek, Ed Belfour and Jacques Plante.

He sucks so bad.....

Edit2:
Osgood won his 61st playoff game, putting him in a tie for 12th on the NHL career list with Tom Barrasso.

Wow what a shitty goalie...

PSS..Xcursion is still a fag

Last edited:
Back