[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

So on one hand the entire organization needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up. But we read in the second quote how Lucic might open a door for Montreal's Stanley March since (third quote) Boston will be killed by their "lack of self discipline." Damn are you ever an idiot grasping at straws.

I saw a Montreal team frustrated from being out played and causing shit, all the late hits starting right from the first period , lol @ little team playing aggressive, and never being AT THE PUCK since they were TOO FUCK SLOW.

Until the end of the third period Boston quietly ate it, racking up 3 pp goals and being up 4 before the 3rd.

Newsflash: Boston doesn't even need Lucic. There is no door of op to "build on" :lol: The games aren't even CLOSE. You guys have scored 1 goal in 2. The only door you should be thinking of is the door OUT cause in 2 more games they be taking the ice fucking out.

Sorry for the rant. I had to watch Montreal get owned, instead of watching an entertaining game tonight. :sighs:

Montreal probably never had a good organization - just used to rape the QMJHL for talent, but that ended 20 years ago and the team has been a "no-show" since. I see nothing to change that. Get used to it, the Stanley will NEVER be seen on Habs ice again. And you guys were once so spoiled How much more bitter now must be a glass that run dry.

"Never again."

I'll say :bye: now and hope you stay the fuck out of thread.

OH and lol at Gainery resting Price and throwing in the towel - that was Mastercard Priceless :lol:

Man, I think you need some fresh air, retaliating which such passion over a sport/entertainment shows how mentally challenged you are.

P.S.: I love you meber.

HOW MANY CUPS HAVE THEY WON!?!?! HUH?!?!?!? HUH!?!?!?!?!? CLEARLY THEY ARE NO MATCH FOR MRS 3 CUPS OSGOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS GO!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOO GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why you are a fag.......

I am just pointing out that Osgood is a good goalie, and everyone just wants to put him down. He will be the goalie with quite a few records, who will never make it into the hall of fame.:domotwak:

Lets see:

Tied 10th with Hasek on the all time regular season wins list (he should pass him, fuhr, hall, espisito,plante and sawchuck in the next couple of seasons)
23 in shutouts regular season(3rd among active goalies)
10th in playoff wins(he will make 7th if he is in goal and the wings win it this year)
3rd in playoff shutouts
Lifetime 2.43 GAA (the list I am looking at goes to 24, and the gaa for that is 2.36)

If I gave you these numbers, and you did not know it was Osgood, you would think this was a hall of fame contender. :domotwak:

Last edited:
Getting 25 shots on net against detroit is a normal game.....They averaged 27 a game in 2009...so he was worked normally.

There have been comments by Hasek and Cujo, those being the other recent goalies, regarding the less work It is very fucking hard to stay lose and focused when you are doing nothing for large stretches of the game. I guess neither one of those guys knew what they were talking about either :shrug:

Considering Hasek is one of the most egotistical guys you'll ever meet. I've actually played against him during the off-season. He's a douche bag. Cujo took the fall for not taking Detroit to the promised land... so, no, given all of this I tend to think their opinions are suspect. They might have felt more comfortable facing more shots, but you can bet that they had no problem winning games facing a low amount of shots. It's when they lose that it becomes an issue, and something to point at.

As for the shots Osgood faced... not every shot is equal. If you knew anything about the sport, you'd understand this. A goaltender can face 50 shots and not be seriously challenged, and he can face 10 and have to come up huge. Columbus didn't make Osgood do much. Just like Hiller didn't have to do much for Anaheim against San Jose. They both made a few big saves, but for the most part the game was won by the players in front of them. Osgood saw most of the shots, and he made the saves, like he should. If he had given up a soft goal, that would be something else entirely.

It's a lot easier to make the saves when you're seeing the release, and the players in front of you are making sure most of the shots come from the perimeter.

I am just pointing out that Osgood is a good goalie, and everyone just wants to put him down. He will be the goalie with quite a few records, who will never make it into the hall of fame.:domotwak:

Lets see:

Tied 10th with Hasek on the all time regular season wins list (he should pass him, fuhr, hall, espisito,plante and sawchuck in the next couple of seasons)
10th in playoff wins(he will make 7th if he is in goal and the wings win it this year)
3rd in playoff shutouts
Lifetime 2.43 GAA (the list I am looking at goes to 24, and the gaa for that is 2.36)

If I gave you these numbers, and you did not know it was Osgood, you would think this was a hall of fame contender. :domotwak:

ALL THOSE THINGS AREN'T RECORDS!!!!! THE ONLY RECORD THAT MATTERS IS THAT HE'S CURRENTLY WEARING A RED WINGS JERSEY SO THAT'S A RECORD FOR YETSKII!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO GO OSGOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! BESTEST GOALIE OF ALL TIME!!! GO WINGS GO! GO WINGS GO! WHO CARES IF WE HAVEN'T DRAFTED A QUALITY GOALTENDER THAT HAS TAKEN US TO THE CUP IN A LONG TIME, GO WINGS GO!! WOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lets see:

3rd in playoff shutouts

Sure, if those numbers were in a vacuum I might assume it was a Hall of Fame contender, but that isn't the case. Do you think it's a coincidence that Detroit struggled defensively this season and Osgood's statistics were horrible? 3.09 GAA and a .887 save %.

Osgood is a good goaltender, but he's not a great one.

No one will ever compare him with the players he might pass in wins, such as Hasek, Fuhr, Esposito, and so on. That's not some injustice to Osgood. He's simply not as good as them. Holland has publically stated that he has built the team beyond the net, and picked up a goaltender who he felt could stop enough shots to get the win. He didn't pick Osgood because he was a potential Hall of Fame goaltender. He picked him because he was relatively cheap, competent, and it allowed him to spend elsewhere. He's even said that, if the opportunity came up to pick up a goaltender like Luongo, he might have to change the team make-up.

Holland is a smart GM. He's smart enough to recognize that Osgood will play well for him and not cost a lot of money, and so he can spend that money elsewhere.

working on trolling skills ...

Man, I think you need some fresh air, retaliating which such passion over a sport/entertainment shows how mentally challenged you are.

P.S.: I love you meber.
Yea some of my post was carried away BS, but the "shredding of your posts" part was not.

Sorry for going apeshit on you. I just

DON'T LIKE YOU

Considering Hasek is one of the most egotistical guys you'll ever meet. I've actually played against him during the off-season. He's a douche bag. Cujo took the fall for not taking Detroit to the promised land... so, no, given all of this I tend to think their opinions are suspect. They might have felt more comfortable facing more shots, but you can bet that they had no problem winning games facing a low amount of shots. It's when they lose that it becomes an issue, and something to point at.

As for the shots Osgood faced... not every shot is equal. If you knew anything about the sport, you'd understand this. A goaltender can face 50 shots and not be seriously challenged, and he can face 10 and have to come up huge. Columbus didn't make Osgood do much. Just like Hiller didn't have to do much for Anaheim against San Jose. They both made a few big saves, but for the most part the game was won by the players in front of them. Osgood saw most of the shots, and he made the saves, like he should. If he had given up a soft goal, that would be something else entirely.

It's a lot easier to make the saves when you're seeing the release, and the players in front of you are making sure most of the shots come from the perimeter.

Bet ya Hasek outplayed you in the Off Season too.....

In game one, Columbus sure did give Osgood a hard time in the first period, and Ozzie stood up to it....Game 2 not as much, but yes, Osgood made the saves he had to. Not all of the shots were from 40 feet with a wide open lane. And yes it is the team that wins. There are plenty of goalies that are better than Osgood, but if Osgood was so bad, he would not be playing in the Playoffs. They would have you in net, since you are so good......

ALL THOSE THINGS AREN'T RECORDS!!!!! THE ONLY RECORD THAT MATTERS IS THAT HE'S CURRENTLY WEARING A RED WINGS JERSEY SO THAT'S A RECORD FOR YETSKII!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO GO OSGOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! BESTEST GOALIE OF ALL TIME!!! GO WINGS GO! GO WINGS GO! WHO CARES IF WE HAVEN'T DRAFTED A QUALITY GOALTENDER THAT HAS TAKEN US TO THE CUP IN A LONG TIME, GO WINGS GO!! WOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Fag....

Fag....

A goaltender cannot carry the whole team.....

And Pagy, we can argue on a lot of things, but don't say Markov is not a contender for the Norris. The guy is THE most useful player to the Canadiens, both on an offensive and defensive point of view.
being "the most useful" on the canadiens does not make him the best defenseman in the league. being "useful" to your team isn't the criteria for the award.

players more deserving of the norris this year?
lidstrom
niedermayer
streit
keith
wideman
chara
green
mitchell
boyle

take your pick
We're talking about a player that, when not dressed up, sees his team play completely confused. 8 seasons, each of them except maybe the first and second, where he has been a key player to his team.
again, this is more of an argument for montreal being bad than markov being good.
Green is a very solid defenseman, but not as complete as Markov. He has more points than Markov for sure, but shit, who wouldn't when playing with Ovechkin and such an offensive powerhouse as the Caps on powerplay? Put Markov out there and he'd rack as many points as Green if that's what you are talking about.
i'm not really sure you can claim markov is "more complete". he's still soft on the defensive end, just like green, and where green is an exceptional point man and decent puck mover, markov is only a puck mover. neither of them can claim to be a "shut-down" type d-man and that's obvious.

and well all saw how great the montreal pp was without souray and streit...

again, i dont see how you can claim markov deserves the norris with a straight face this year.

Bet ya Hasek outplayed you in the Off Season too.....

In game one, Columbus sure did give Osgood a hard time in the first period, and Ozzie stood up to it....Game 2 not as much, but yes, Osgood made the saves he had to. Not all of the shots were from 40 feet with a wide open lane. And yes it is the team that wins. There are plenty of goalies that are better than Osgood, but if Osgood was so bad, he would not be playing in the Playoffs. They would have you in net, since you are so good......
you're being overly defensive about this

we're saying he's not a great goalie

he isn't

stop freaking out about it

i hope that a dinosaur eats crosby so that i can cheer for them because as it stands, fuck any team with that whining cocksucker on it

i hope that a dinosaur eats crosby so that i can cheer for them because as it stands, fuck any team with that whining cocksucker on it

:domotwak:

he does whine a bit, but he doesnt do it as much as he did early in his career. maturity has a lot to do with it i think.

also, you should watch mike richards sometime, he talks and whines a shitton.

Back