[official] appendicitis blows

rook

Veteran XX
Man that blows. Now im all panzy and girl like. aching like a little bitch from surgery. Wish I had advice to avoid this. But I dont.

Story:

3 weeks have gone by I had been gasy and bloated. little nausea but I was having normal bowel movements.

So I was popping tums and all sorts of stuff to try to relax relieve it. Come Sat night I had horrible pain in my entire abdomen and it eventually traveled(diffused) into the lower right area. Being an EMT I got scared, and knew what this was now possibly.

(sat night)

10:30pm is when the unberable pain started.
3:00am I drove to walgreens for more tums/pepcid/pepto anything I could buy.
4:00am it difussed into the right lower abdomen.
5:30am I was checking into the ER with blurred vision and nausea from the pain.
10:00am they'd done a CT scan, an ultrasound, blood work, and they scheduled me for emergency surgery.
around noon I had surgery.

Should I buy spore since I have a few days downtime ?? Any advice?

cliffs:

Don't get appendicitis.
If you do, don't worry, it's a huge relief when they take it out.
Hospital Jello is pretty decent.

Last edited:
You could be the most retarded EMT ever, who the fuck drives to Walgreens before the fucking ER?

It hadnt localized yet. according to my timeline it was about 2 hours prior. It was still a very broad pain. And was not yet showing signs of appendicitis. but thanks for your opinion.

Last edited:
you should feel lucky, rook. when i was 17 i thought i had appendicitis and was rushed to the hospital. turns out i was lucky and only had a kidney stone. very good news indeed. except for when i had to pass that fucker.

you should feel lucky, rook. when i was 17 i thought i had appendicitis and was rushed to the hospital. turns out i was lucky and only had a kidney stone. very good news indeed. except for when i had to pass that fucker.

shit.. how long did it take to pass? Did they break it up anyway? I'd almost be more afraid of that. heh.

best diagnostic for appendicitis is the jumping jack test

if you can do a jumping jack, you dont have an appendicitis

shit.. how long did it take to pass? Did they break it up anyway? I'd almost be more afraid of that. heh.

hm... i went in on a sunday.. and it passed during the week sometime after school. they ran a x-ray and concluded it was too small for the laser beam of pewpew break it up. it wasn't too painful when it was passing out of my body, but it is a very unsual sensation having something slowly slide down your urethra while your pissing and being able to feel it..

the pain while i was at the hospital was intense though. this was when it was leaving my kidney supposedly and it felt like i had a cold knife in me for a few hours.

hm... i went in on a sunday.. and it passed during the week sometime after school. they ran a x-ray and concluded it was too small for the laser beam of pewpew break it up. it wasn't too painful when it was passing out of my body, but it is a very unsual sensation having something slowly slide down your urethra while your pissing and being able to feel it..

the pain while i was at the hospital was intense though. this was when it was leaving my kidney supposedly and it felt like i had a cold knife in me for a few hours.

Would fucking suck BALLLLLLS.

i had it about a month ago, and to be honest i didn't really mind it all that much. i diagnosed it early on webMD so it didn't really hurt that much, i got to shoot up morphine like an addict for a couple days and i got to miss a week of work.

the three little incisions they made hurt for a little while but a week later i was fine

yeah like I said in the cliffs, its such a relief after the surgery pain wise. This recovery sucks a bit. Im eating pretty normal, sleeping is not so great due to being a side sleeper/etc and I can't do that. I let the pain meds wear off this morning thinking it'd been 4 days it must be pretty decent by now.. That was pretty uncomfortable i'll admit. They sent me home with Dilaudid (hydromorphone) too so it kicked back in pretty fast.

I plan to resume my regular stuff on Monday. So i'm gonna take it super easy and play spore for another 4 days.

Man that blows. Now im all panzy and girl like. aching like a little bitch from surgery. Wish I had advice to avoid this. But I dont.

Story:

3 weeks have gone by I had been gasy and bloated. little nausea but I was having normal bowel movements.

So I was popping tums and all sorts of stuff to try to relax relieve it. Come Sat night I had horrible pain in my entire abdomen and it eventually traveled(diffused) into the lower right area. Being an EMT I got scared, and knew what this was now possibly.

(sat night)

10:30pm is when the unberable pain started.
3:00am I drove to walgreens for more tums/pepcid/pepto anything I could buy.
4:00am it difussed into the right lower abdomen.
5:30am I was checking into the ER with blurred vision and nausea from the pain.
10:00am they'd done a CT scan, an ultrasound, blood work, and they scheduled me for emergency surgery.
around noon I had surgery.

Should I buy spore since I have a few days downtime ?? Any advice?

cliffs:

Don't get appendicitis.
If you do, don't worry, it's a huge relief when they take it out.
Hospital Jello is pretty decent.

When I was in 4th grade I had one. It was leaking deadly poisons into my entire body and everything I ate and drank I threw up. The hospital told me there was no way I had an appendicitis because I would be in much more pain. My mom told them just do the scan, if I don't have it she will pay what it costs since insurance would not cover it. Finally after an hour I get a cat-scan(SP?) and rushed into surgery. I was in the hospital for a month with tubes coming out of my noise, mouth and an IV in my arm. the doctors said I had a 33% chance of dying.

Cliff - Doesn't hurt as bad as he says it does :). I do remember blowing into this thing to test my lung strength and one of the 3 balls went up half way. When I was better they let me keep that thing. When I was all better, I barley blew into it and all 3 balls went up.
Crazy stuff.

Back