OBAMA's first 20 months- Not bad EH?

It sounds like you're saying that Obama and the 2009 congress had no influence on spending during 2009. I don't think I believe that.

Or are you saying that the term "budget deficit" applies only to planned spending/income, not actual spending/income?

No he did change something in 2009. He changed it so that the Iraq and Afganistan wars were included in the budget instead of hidden and considered "emergency spending" So thats in there. Also included other emergency spending in the budget like TARP (which was Bush).

This is the 2010 budget:

2010_Receipts_%26_Expenditures_Estimates.PNG

Basically, it's not going to be possible to balance the budget without raising taxes.

I wonder what the self-proclaimed fiscal conservatives would do?

This is the 2010 budget:

2010_Receipts_%26_Expenditures_Estimates.PNG

Basically, it's not going to be possible to balance the budget without raising taxes.

I wonder what the self-proclaimed fiscal conservatives would do?

fiscal conservatives are morons, whos only real belief is cut taxes, they love them some cut and spend.

people who are fiscally responsible want to raise taxes on the upper brackets to fix the mess.

fiscal conservatives are morons, whos only real belief is cut taxes, they love them some cut and spend.

people who are fiscally responsible want to raise taxes on the upper brackets to fix the mess.
I know when I think "responsible", I think people who get other people to pay for shit.

And also making blacks in the USA look bad...hey they claimed him as black even his mom is white. Well guess what black people you wanted him...you can have him.

there wont be another black president for ..ever..i really mean never. This is what happens when you get behind a moron no matter what color he/she is. you get a label. Russian are labeled commies, deutsch are labeled nazis, English labeled john bull or you take your pick at that one. do see how this is fair see what i did there.

think of that joke from boondocksaints....no pun intended

fixing America's problems is easy - freeze spending, and in 2008 while the deficit was still only $450 billion put a $300 billion investment into infrastructure

if McCain was president there would presently be at least 200 nuclear plants under construction, 2 for every state.

Are you under the impression there are 100 states?

Are you under the impression there are 100 states?

If McCain is president, there would be at least 100 states.

Every state would be split into at least 2 parts, except for Arizona which would then become the biggest state in America.

Actually, even Reagan knew it was a good idea to put a huge tax hike in place during his recession.

It's these people who are the morons:
cut_taxes_not_defense.jpg

I've yet to hear a plan on what these people actually want to cut.

not that i believe him but I don't see 2010 there.

The budget is passed the YEAR BEFORE. Not after its spent. So that 2009 is bush's last year budget. Not obamas first year, for that we would need 2010 on the graph

The chart has the years labeled wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget:

Deficit $407 billion (estimated)
Debt $12.867455 trillion (estimated)

2008's data matches the 2009 Fiscal Year Budget; My guess is they're ignorant and using the calendar year the budget went into effect; which naturally causes you to question the validity of the chart if they made a mistake like that; but it's not like the same data isn't available elsewhere:

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deficit $1.171 trillion (estimated)
Debt $14.078 trillion (estimated)

The proposed 2011 budget isn't any better; but it also hasn't been passed yet.

Hmm. "Other" is a pretty big chunk. In fact, it's so big it's in there twice. And I like how Defense is confined to "discretionary spending" when providing for the common defense is one of the few things the federal government is actually supposed to be doing.

Get rid of most "other" spending, cut defense by a third (bring troops home, don't start wars unless you mean to finish them), cut "other departments and agencies" in half (this will mean less annoyance for everyone) and nuke all the social programs/entitlement spending from orbit.

Bam, we're in the black. Vote Waidan.

I believe if you collect $10 in taxes, you shouldn't spend $40. I don't care whether you raise or lower taxes. I care about making programs work with the money you have, not the money you wish you had.

Actually, even Reagan knew it was a good idea to put a huge tax hike in place during his recession.

It's these people who are the morons:
cut_taxes_not_defense.jpg

I've yet to hear a plan on what these people actually want to cut.

I can get behind that NO TURN ON RED sign

Hmm. "Other" is a pretty big chunk. In fact, it's so big it's in there twice. And I like how Defense is confined to "discretionary spending" when providing for the common defense is one of the few things the federal government is actually supposed to be doing.

Get rid of most "other" spending, cut defense by a third (bring troops home, don't start wars unless you mean to finish them), cut "other departments and agencies" in half (this will mean less annoyance for everyone) and nuke all the social programs/entitlement spending from orbit.

Bam, we're in the black. Vote Waidan.
The "other" part actually went down 15% in the last year, which I think is the hugest cut in the budget by size.

Back