nVidia GeForce 1080

Validuz walks into a room. He looks at the floor and then he looks at the ceiling. He then decides to look left and right because there is not a single fucking relevant thing on the floor or the ceiling.

i didnt know ppl were stuck on 16:10 vs 16:9

fuck you 1060p is way better than 1080p, etc

That thing is a beast!

And for once I actually agree with Validuz, I hate having less vertical screen than a 16:10 or 4:3

Validuz walks into a room. He looks at the floor and then he looks at the ceiling. He then decides to look left and right because there is not a single fucking relevant thing on the floor or the ceiling.

Fact according to who? If you want more vertical scrolling space, go to 4:3 (or *gasp* get a higher resolution 16:9 display!)

Aspect ratio is a matter of personal preference. Different aspects suit different contexts and different contents. Trying to say 16:10 is "the best" is just idiotic. It's not. No aspect is "the best". 16:9 is the most common, the cheapest, and what the vast majority of content is designed for these days. Moan all you want, but be aware that that's really all you're doing.
:ftard: It has nothing to do with personal preference and everything to do with manufacturers cutting costs of manufacturing... literally fitting more ideal-width screens on a single production line.

Computers aren't just for gaming (games have an up and down btw, hastie). They're for everything. And the best of all worlds, is 8:5. It gives you plenty of widescreen for video viewing/games, and enough height for websites/reading/misc.

If "wider is better" was actually fucking true, then 21:9 would be a standard now, wouldn't it, dipshit?

One could argue that on the fringe of both ends, people have a preference for 4:3 and 21:9, but you'd have to be an idiot to think it's normal or ideal for everyone.

This isn't an opinion.

hqdefault.jpg

It's exactly an opinion.

4:3 was awesome

I love 4:3 laptops, widescreen laptops suck except for the ability to fit a full sized keyboard on them

People are going to overpay for the "founders" edition when it's just the reference card (marketing at its finest). nVidia supposedly has it at a higher price so they don't undercut/piss off the custom vendors.

So basically, if you can wait for the custom cards to come out, you'll save money and get a better card. :weird:

Last edited:
Back