nhl fanz!.... (lets talk some hockey nigz)..

Pagy said:
I agree. I'm very happy that the refs are actually trying to keep integrity in the game.

In every other sport, you have to respect referees. Hockey fans/players better get used to it.

Thus far I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. The players (defense especially) are still adapting, and the game should continue to improve. My only peeve is with some of the inconsistent calls, stupid ones, that were never called last year but for some reason are being called now.. and they aren't obstruction.

Sojourn said:
Thus far I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. The players (defense especially) are still adapting, and the game should continue to improve. My only peeve is with some of the inconsistent calls, stupid ones, that were never called last year but for some reason are being called now.. and they aren't obstruction.
Yeah, there will be a lot of confusion when new rules are enforced... (by fans, players and refs)

roy is a victim of just bad team defense thusfar...

as is richter every year...

lol...

as for the referee and rule debates...the nhl constantly makes strides towards 'improving' the game...unfortunately, they believe improving is to allow for more scoring...meaning, they want to call shit penalties like on a faceoff, if the guy gets tossed outa the circle and then he jumpz the drop, that's a penalty, powerplay the other way....

gayness...and yea, just like umpires in baseball, they all have their own interpretation of the rules...and they're all very inconsistent when calling holding and obstruction/interferences....just as the umps behind the plate calling balls/strikes...

i don't care about goals scored, just like in baseball, i'd much rather watch a pitchers duel 0-0 going into the late innings...in hockey, i'd rather see two hot ass goalies stopping all sorts of shit thrown their way...

i will admit that i like a lot of the changes in the past few years though...i think the overtime loss standing change was a positive...if a team goes 60mins and it's tied, they do deserve a point whether they lose or not in OT...the nhl commish knows what's up though...but they may face a strike situation when this contract is up...

you're either a hockey fan or you're not...most of us don't go to live games anyhow...most of us would just prefer to watch 'em on tv...

k...i have to get ready for lacrosse now...i'll check this out afterwardz...latez :]

Groove said:
at least the Leafs dont Boo the Canadian national anthem like ive seen a few american crowds do during the playoffs.

Leafs suck without CuJo, always have always will

only the leafs send goons to intentionally hurt opposing teams stars in the playoffs...

(peca)...

p0w!

0wned...

dirty leafs = suck this year....w00tz ;P

(just kiddin' steve)...hehe

herbtown said:
roy is a victim of just bad team defense thusfar...

as is richter every year...

lol...

as for the referee and rule debates...the nhl constantly makes strides towards 'improving' the game...unfortunately, they believe improving is to allow for more scoring...meaning, they want to call shit penalties like on a faceoff, if the guy gets tossed outa the circle and then he jumpz the drop, that's a penalty, powerplay the other way....

gayness...and yea, just like umpires in baseball, they all have their own interpretation of the rules...and they're all very inconsistent when calling holding and obstruction/interferences....just as the umps behind the plate calling balls/strikes...

i don't care about goals scored, just like in baseball, i'd much rather watch a pitchers duel 0-0 going into the late innings...in hockey, i'd rather see two hot ass goalies stopping all sorts of shit thrown their way...

i will admit that i like a lot of the changes in the past few years though...i think the overtime loss standing change was a positive...if a team goes 60mins and it's tied, they do deserve a point whether they lose or not in OT...the nhl commish knows what's up though...but they may face a strike situation when this contract is up...

you're either a hockey fan or you're not...most of us don't go to live games anyhow...most of us would just prefer to watch 'em on tv...

k...i have to get ready for lacrosse now...i'll check this out afterwardz...latez :]

My main reason for going to see a game live is to see the action away from the puck. You don't see much of it on television. You can see so much more at a live game. On the other hand, as fact as the heart pumping action goes, you won't much. I just like watching certain players play, and the television watches the players around the puck.. which is not always where you see the really smart plays, or the really brilliant players.

tru that....

although, up here...northeast...i get isles, rangers, devils, bruins and occasional sabrez games...

the msg and foxsportsny crews are great at calling games...the nesn (new england crew) rocks too...but i do know what u mean bro...but i still luv watching nhl on tv :]

herbtown said:

i completely disagree herb. Both teams getting a point is completely gay, its like hockey is turning into a pussy sport. Why the hell would you give both teams a point? no one WON! you think that they should play 65 mins of hockey for NO ONE TO WIN? so what do they do, give both of 'em a point.

Each team gets a point, great, EVERYONE's a WINNER! we wouldnt want anyones feelings hurt!

Its ridiculous. All is would take is the old penalty shots until someone wins, then at least for all your effort you know you BEAT the other team. None of this 'everyone wins' shit. Why did you play 3 periods of hockey not to BEAT the other team? Half the teams in the league play lazy, pussy hockey for the 5 min overtime because they know they have the point already.

Combine that with all the gay penalties, and hockey isnt the game it used to be. Hockey used to reward the toughest players, the guys who could take the big hits and dish 'em out. Soon enough hockey is gonna be like basketball where you can barely touch another player.

IMO the league has ruined the game of hockey. I watch a game here and a game there, but all i see is pansies skating around each other.

Groove said:
i completely disagree herb. Both teams getting a point is completely gay, its like hockey is turning into a pussy sport. Why the hell would you give both teams a point? no one WON! you think that they should play 65 mins of hockey for NO ONE TO WIN? so what do they do, give both of 'em a point.

Each team gets a point, great, EVERYONE's a WINNER! we wouldnt want anyones feelings hurt!

Its ridiculous. All is would take is the old penalty shots until someone wins, then at least for all your effort you know you BEAT the other team. None of this 'everyone wins' shit. Why did you play 3 periods of hockey not to BEAT the other team? Half the teams in the league play lazy, pussy hockey for the 5 min overtime because they know they have the point already.
I don't think we're watching the same games. Finally, teams DO try in overtime. Before, teams would just lay back on D and take the one point. Now, they have nothing to lose, so they both gun for the 2pts. Why on earth would a team lay back?

Also, the point system makes the playoff races closer. I like it, but there are those that don't.
Groove said:
Combine that with all the gay penalties, and hockey isnt the game it used to be. Hockey used to reward the toughest players, the guys who could take the big hits and dish 'em out. Soon enough hockey is gonna be like basketball where you can barely touch another player.
Maybe it is just me, but I remember the game used to be about skill, not about fighting. I remember the days of gretzky and lemieux where hockey rewarded players who could actually score goals. 50/50's are now erased because the enforcers have ruined the game.

Groove said:

IMO the league has ruined the game of hockey. I watch a game here and a game there, but all i see is pansies skating around each other.

Groove, did you ever play the game? The idea of rewarding the biggest dirtiest player is horrific in my mind. You may as well watch a boxing match, because that is not what hockey is.

You do not spend the majority of your life learning to skate, stick hand, and shoot so that when you get out there on the ice some behemoth can bear hug you so you can't go anywhere.

The old Red Army team was an awesome team to watch play. Why? Because they went out there and they played aggressive offensive hockey. They didn't spend 60 minutes just beating the shit out of the other team in hopes that they would hurt enough players on the other team to win the game. Their game was hockey. Beautiful passes, incredible skating, and great puck handling meant great goals.

That's the way the game used to be. Offense! It's exciting to watch. Mario Lemieux hated the way the game transformed into a clutch and grab battle, and you have no idea what hockey is if you don't think Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky were the most fun part of hockey to watch.

I am glad to see Kolzig eating some cack since the person who owns him in my fantasy league has been encroaching on my goalie dominance. Fortunately i have Turco so it is a double whammy =)

booty said:
I am glad to see Kolzig eating some cack since the person who owns him in my fantasy league has been encroaching on my goalie dominance. Fortunately i have Turco so it is a double whammy =)
turco was a nice grab

Back