nhl fanz!.... (lets talk some hockey nigz)..

herbtown said:
always welcome in #espn to chitchat with us sports dorks... ;P

Yeah yeah, I gotta start irc'ing again...what I meant was that I wish there were more hockey fans overall...I hate how hockey falls behind the other three but that's the way the world works.

Also, I love basketball and all, but I cringed when I saw ESPN picking it up and reducing the number of hockey games it shows.

gw

Hockey will never be as popular (at least in warmer climates) simply because it's harder for fans to relate to. It's easy to play a game of toss football or some 1-on-1. Hockey needs a more committed fan to either have to patience to learn the the game without having played it or have spent countless 6am mornings as a little kid having your dad lace up your skates at the local arena.

So far, so good:

[16:01] * Now talking in #espn
[16:01] * Topic is 'Miami, OH defensive coordinator has a nice right hook... just ask the Marshall fan he knocked out :\ | felipe alou is new giants manager'
[16:01] * Set by Regulater on Wed Nov 13 14:21:52
[16:02] <Glare> yeah nice chit chat
[16:03] * Glare has quit IRC (Quit: (nido): lazy niggers waiting for their handouts from the government (nido): big lipped aids infested filthy fucks who eat fried chicken (nido): i fucking hate niggers)
[16:10] * SweetbabyJ has joined #espn
[16:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +o SweetbabyJ

attack of the cooties

Hopefully with Stuart signed San Jose will pick it up. They were a Pacific Division favorite and they had a horrible start.

GeneralWar said:
Yeah yeah, I gotta start irc'ing again...what I meant was that I wish there were more hockey fans overall...I hate how hockey falls behind the other three but that's the way the world works.

Also, I love basketball and all, but I cringed when I saw ESPN picking it up and reducing the number of hockey games it shows.

gw

yea, but espn only does nba 2x a week...and one of those nights are fridays....wednesdays and fridays...nhl still gets air time on espn and espn2 ;P

[xKx]AppleCider said:
So far, so good:

[16:01] * Now talking in #espn
[16:01] * Topic is 'Miami, OH defensive coordinator has a nice right hook... just ask the Marshall fan he knocked out :\ | felipe alou is new giants manager'
[16:01] * Set by Regulater on Wed Nov 13 14:21:52
[16:02] <Glare> yeah nice chit chat
[16:03] * Glare has quit IRC (Quit: (nido): lazy niggers waiting for their handouts from the government (nido): big lipped aids infested filthy fucks who eat fried chicken (nido): i fucking hate niggers)
[16:10] * SweetbabyJ has joined #espn
[16:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +o SweetbabyJ

attack of the cooties

hay, i can't do anything about quit msg's.. ;P

Sojourn said:
Hopefully with Stuart signed San Jose will pick it up. They were a Pacific Division favorite and they had a horrible start.

rathje is rocking...

stuart signing isn't official i heard earlier...is it now or what?

JuSTCHiLLiN said:
Hockey will never be as popular (at least in warmer climates) simply because it's harder for fans to relate to. It's easy to play a game of toss football or some 1-on-1. Hockey needs a more committed fan to either have to patience to learn the the game without having played it or have spent countless 6am mornings as a little kid having your dad lace up your skates at the local arena.

i disagree....the sharks are a prime example of proving this theory incorrect....

san jose luvs their sharkz...

phoenix luvs their coyotez...

la doesn't care for the kings, but hell, they didn't care for the raidarz and the nfl either......

herbtown said:
rathje is rocking...

stuart signing isn't official i heard earlier...is it now or what?

Yup. He's been re-signed. That team has so much talent, and even better, so much potential to improve.

GeneralWar said:
Also, this has been a very exciting year so far. Lots of teams coming out of nowhere to dominate. It's great to be a hockey fan....

I just wish there were more of us... : /

gw

you hockey nerds need to move up here in Canada

everyone loves hockey..

Vlasic said:
:ugh:

I dont wanna talk hockey right now :[

You need to find a better team to support. We should start a fund to move you out of Buffalo...

(This is assuming that you were that one Saber fan, if I remember correctly ;) )

herbtown said:
nhl needs to adapt the international rules....we all saw how the olympic hockey games were much more intense...
But the rules need the big ice to work, and the arenas can't upgrade

WTF.. Nashville's owners made a promise to the fan back when they started 4 years ago that they would have the Pred's in the playoffs within 5 years. or they would pay back the difference in the ticket prices in the last 5 years.. well, this is the 5th year.. and they are fucking lose... wtf.. I'd hate to be then when they have to pay all of the season ticketholders..

GeneralWar said:
You need to find a better team to support. We should start a fund to move you out of Buffalo...

(This is assuming that you were that one Saber fan, if I remember correctly ;) )
I don't live in buffalo. If I wanted local to me, it's the Ranger and the Isnalders, both of which I loathe.

I've been cheering on Edmonton this season.

Vlasic said:
I don't live in buffalo. If I wanted local to me, it's the Ranger and the Isnalders, both of which I loathe.

I've been cheering on Edmonton this season.

Cool, I like Edmonton and how they stay afloat on such a small payroll. Unforunately, they will never beat the Stars :)

gw

Back