New games with only a single save slot. [What gives?]

Kowboy

Banned
Dead Rising was the first one I noticed this on, then I recently picked up Assasins Creed and ran into the same thing. They only allow you to save one slot, you can't start a new game without overwriting the old ones.

What's the deal? Even Super Nintendo games let you save 2-3 different games. Is there some sort of technical issue I'm not aware of that would cause this for the current generation of games? But then Mass Effect lets you save as many times as you want so that can't be it...

Those are the only two games I can list off the top of my head, what are some more so I know what to avoid?

"Number of save slots" is not exactly something they list on the outside of the box. I never notice till it's too late.

Does it really take that long to create a second or third place to save a game? I mean if you have already programmed one in it does not seem like a streach that they could do it again...

about assassins creed that is not true

im currently playing it right now and it has 3 slots to save games

about assassins creed that is not true

im currently playing it right now and it has 3 slots to save games

Xbox360?

That's what I'm on.

Options from title screen (after pressing start) are:

New
Continue

>Select NEW

"Would you like to overwrite your previous game?"

>No

"Title screen"

yea i just went back and you are right.

thats odd tho cause when you first start the game it has 3 slots but then you never see that screen again.

That or im really confused and mixing shit up.

Saved states aren't large but they're complicated.

This is true, I figure that's why Ali Baba only had one.

ali_baba.gif

Last edited:
Another reason why BioWare games impress me. Millions of different permutations and you can save at any time.

Seems like a huge mistake to not take the time to code multiple save states in, what about families with multiple kids, or people with roomates, or those mystical gamers with gf's who also play... mmmmmm gamer chicks....

Seems like a huge mistake to not take the time to code multiple save states in, what about families with multiple kids, or people with roomates, or those mystical gamers with gf's who also play... mmmmmm gamer chicks....

That's not quite the same. In that case they should be playing underneath their own gamercard.

Back