[NETFLIX] streaming video !

ya
finished Altered Carbon
beside all the forced 'interracial gay stuff' it was good

Spoiler

because you've literally done EVERYTHING else.

any thoughts on the punisher?
i want to like it, but it just seems so basic
do kinda like the cameos (head guard from shawshank, norm from cheers)

any thoughts on the punisher?
i want to like it, but it just seems so basic
do kinda like the cameos (head guard from shawshank, norm from cheers)

punisher p good, picks up after a few episodes

looking fwd to another season (if they make one)

because you've literally done EVERYTHING else.

Yeah honestly if I lived for like 300 years and had more money than I knew what to do with and someone told me I could rape and kill hookers with no consequences...I don't know. I don't think I would but I might consider it.

Last edited:
i bet u would @ least try it even if u felt guilty afterward

didn't ur mom ever tell u "try it, you'll love it"?

punisher was okay, needs to have a solid villain.. like kingpin

the dude at the end of the first season 'should' be jigsaw, who was great in the comic books

Yeah honestly if I lived for like 300 years and had more money than I knew what to do with and someone told me I could rape and kill hookers with no consequences...I don't know. I don't think I would but I might consider it.

I started doing that before I had 30 years on the board, it's OK. Gets you through a boring weekend anyway.

Wife is recovering from surgery so we binge watched Sean Bean in the Frankenstein Chronicles - 2 seasons of 6 episodes

Give it a 7/10, pretty good but pacing is a little slow.

Also watched a lot of Mortified and that's good for a chuckle.

soros only owns 32m worth of it, not even close to a controlling share. much in the same way he owns a chunk of google.

but ya he should die any minute now and the world will improve greatly

Altered carbon is really quite good. The source material of course is far better (the books are much better constructed and more nuanced), so I recommend reading them before watching the series. Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of the changes they made to the book.

However the production value is very high and you get a pretty cool vibe from the series and the setting. The acting unfortunately is inconsistent. There are some really good performers (Tak, the AI and the Bancrofts are good), but there are quite a few actors who really make things unbearable at times.

Overall, give it a solid 8.5/10 and worth a look.

the guy who directed Moon has a new movie on netflix

apparently it sucks but i think ill watch it any way and find out

That is one terrible trailer. I have absolutely no idea what the movie is about and nothing about it intrigued me.

Godless is the only Netflix show I'd fully recommend lately. Beautiful cinematography, good acting(although Jeff Daniels is a bit over the top), mostly non-cringey dialogue and satisfyingly traditional(mildly cliche) western plot.

Black Mirror is an inconsistent mix of great episodes and boring shit episodes.

I was entertained by Punisher; the almost comical level of hyper-violence gets a bit stale by the end though. On the downside you don't know whether to root for or against him half the time, and usually you just pity him for being mentally handicapped--which makes it pretty depressing.

I'm over halfway through Altered Carbon. The visuals are incredible and the main thing that keeps me interested. The sci-fi premise isn't bad at all, but seems wasted by the plot. Christopher Nolan could easily make a more cerebral mindfuck narrative given the sleeve/body dynamic. Instead we get cookie cutter marxist/anti-capitalist shit on rich people revolutionary storyline. I haven't finished the show, so maybe there are major twists that dramatically change the storyline, but so far it seems like a glorification of a Che Guevera-esque revoution with the cringey black chick morpheus envoy crap. The whole 'let's destroy incredible technology because not everyone can afford it' crap is immature logic that can only come from the brain of narcissistic closet-antifa sjws at gawker. However, for fun I can put aside my cynicism and go with the excuse that the technology of the sleeves represents an existential threat of oppression. But the fact that the marxist envoy chick can decide specifically that people should only live 100 years or whatever it was is complete hypocrisy when supposedly her entire philosophic aim is to prevent the oligarchs from playing god. Hope it gets better.

Godless is pretty good, but then you realize there's a character named Whitey who can't get laid in a town entirely comprised of women because he never bathes and lives in a shack, so he goes to the next town and gets himself a black girlfriend who is just happy he's employed.

Instead we get cookie cutter marxist/anti-capitalist shit on rich people revolutionary storyline. I haven't finished the show, so maybe there are major twists that dramatically change the storyline, but so far it seems like a glorification of a Che Guevera-esque revoution with the cringey black chick morpheus envoy crap. The whole 'let's destroy incredible technology because not everyone can afford it' crap is immature logic that can only come from the brain of narcissistic closet-antifa sjws at gawker

Unfortunately a lot of that is not in the book at all. The original book is more of a clever noir detective story. Of course you have oligarchs and typical cyberpunk tropes about systems of oppression, but its very much a backseat to the interesting ethical questions and plot points the sleeve system creates. The show sorta abandons that three episodes in, and then gets a bit preachy and invents a bunch of revolutionary crap that has nothing to do with the original premise. It's ashame b/c they could have made a real masterpiece given the production value.

Unfortunately a lot of that is not in the book at all. The original book is more of a clever noir detective story. Of course you have oligarchs and typical cyberpunk tropes about systems of oppression, but its very much a backseat to the interesting ethical questions and plot points the sleeve system creates. The show sorta abandons that three episodes in, and then gets a bit preachy and invents a bunch of revolutionary crap that has nothing to do with the original premise. It's ashame b/c they could have made a real masterpiece given the production value.

While you're right in essence, let's not treat the book as if it's fuckin Shakespeare. It's good, but it's not THAT good.

Back