My friend refuses to watch LA Confidential

LA Confidential deserved to win best picture over Titanic. Great film. Crowe's good in it too, though if your friend has reservations you can tell him that Crowe plays a somewhat dirty cop and disliking him as an actor helps his portrayal of said cop.

Russell Crowe is about the only actor I "hate". If he's the star of a movie, I won't watch it unless there is some actual talent in the film with him too.

I blame Gladiator for this. It could have been such a good film if only someone good was cast as the lead. Add to the fact he's a terrible actor who thinks he's good and has public temper tantrums way too often. I know everyone is human and has their bad days but this guy comes across like a dickbag all the time.

Jason Statham, Daniel Craig, Matt Damon all could have done it better than Crowe did.

I still like Gladiator though; it was a good story well told, and if a move has those 2 things, it's easy for me to forgive other flaws.

Last edited:
How come movies about Rome always cast Brits? Shouldn't the accent be Italian?

my jew ex refused to watch any movie starring mel gibson

pissed me off

i wanted to watch the patriot

Eh? Crowe may be an ass, but the guy is a hell of an actor when he puts his mind to it. He's had a string of bad movies, but he killed la confidential, the insider, gladiator and a beautiful mind.

Whereas guys like Cruise, Julia Roberts etc where just never that good. They may have played awesome characters but the acting ability was not there.

im not sure i was thinking about mel gibson because it hasnt really come up yet but i bet it will take me out of the movie a little bit when i see him onscreen and cant stop thinking about packs of niggers

There's a good chance those tapes were edited to piece together phrases and remove words according to an unbiased forensic audio experts who worked on other high profile cases:

Audio Experts Believe Mel Gibson Tapes Altered | Video - ABC News

Also the DA is investigating evidence that shows Oksana was trying to extort $20 million for withholding the release of the tapes:

Mel Gibson: Oksana Grigorieva Extortion Case Delivered to DA - Celebrities in Court - Celebrity Justice

Just food for thought.

Also, for the OP:

can't he just pirate that shit like everyone else?

Back