Maybe the Mac peple have it right

Shoddy

Veteran X
Somehow uninstalling Chrome (which I never used, not even sure how it came to be installed) has caused my Microsoft Document Explorer to trigger downloads in FireFox whenever I try to display a help topic.

*sigh*

It's probably you, not the software... judging by the fact you don't know how Chrome got on your PC to begin with.

He must be post #2.

I tried associating .htm files with the document explorer, which gets FireFox out of the conversation, but things still don't work right (prompts me to download a file, then says "bad switch" because I think the program is not mean to open files this way). I think it's a permission problem of some sort.

Don't know if there's anything wrong with it. I never tried it. I really like FireFox, so I didn't bother. I'm sure I'll try it someday.

Well, I have a vague idea. I'm pretty sure it installed along with Skype or VLC or something, I just don't know exactly which thing it was. (I also thought I had deselected it, but apparently not.)

it's The Google first step of smiting you for remove a gift from The Google.

you should probably reinstall before the 2nd plague is sent to your computer

Macs are for people who were late for the computer age and for art fags who use adobe suites...like my wife. >:|

This wasn't intended to be a "help me please" thread. The programs/companies involved just made it funny to me.

Repairing the install of Document Explorer and rebooting didn't work (though it changed the behavior). I ended up going back to a System Restore point.

So The Google wins this round. But I will be back for them when I don't have as many things that need doing.

Back