Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

Of course, if he actually did dare to post here, 3 or 4 retards looking to make a name for themselves would ruin it to shit, but in a theoretical world, i bet it'd be really interesting

I think if Qix does post they're going to have to do some post editing/temp banning of those types and frankly I'd be all for it.

you know, with all that bitterness kind of worn off, if you could somehow restrict it to the right people asking questions, I think it'd be really interesting to see Qix's responses and thoughts about tribes years later.

Of course, if he actually did dare to post here, 3 or 4 retards looking to make a name for themselves would ruin it to shit, but in a theoretical world, i bet it'd be really interesting
A thread on this with a restriction in place so that only vet4s and above can post would probably work for this.

Why not just interview him then? That would be interesting. Actually, we should come up with some questions, and get col to interview them via email or something. Posting isn't necessary.
Fling :D

dont worry guys, if I ever make over a billion dollars I'll buy the tribes1 source code from vivendi

i start my quest for a billion dollars today

Best thread ever.

Requesting more dirty secrets on management idiocy/snafus regarding tribes, plz thx <3.

Let the fanboys come out of the woodwork again!

I'd be very intererested in hearing what he has to say about that project, 4 years after the fact. There's a lot of bad blood here at TW regarding him, but again, something tells me he was genuinely trying to improve the franchise and make a cool game.

T2 isn't the debacle it's made out to be sometime - now that it's been patched up. The pushed release really damaged the game in a lot of ways.

Qix, I'd be interested in hearing what you've got to say about the pressure you got from Corporate to release the game. I think we can all look back and agree that it wasn't ready for prime time, but I'd love to hear your perspective.

I think KP explained himself pretty well after T:V died. He posted in a couple of threads but people just weren't willing to listen. I don't know anything about him but after reading those posts I couldn't really place any blame on him for T:V.

I think KP explained himself pretty well after T:V died. He posted in a couple of threads but people just weren't willing to listen. I don't know anything about him but after reading those posts I couldn't really place any blame on him for T:V.

What posts?

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342344&page=2

Nah, that's not my message. For professional reasons I won't comment deeply about the state of the game. So rather than offer shallow opinions that only give ammunition to people who enjoy being negative, I just keep quiet for the most part. You can read more about my thoughts on the matter at http://pc.ign.com/articles/534/534131p1.html. It was written several months ago but it might have new meaning now.

As for implying responsibility for the current state of the game, good or bad, a team made T:V. It started with Thrax and Marweas at VUG with their respectable desire to create a combined SP and MP game. It was implemented by IGA with far fewer resources than, say, HL2 or WoW, and those resources had to be shared by both SP and MP. And now it's back in the hands of VUG. I'm proud of what we accomplished together.

Though I won't comment deeply on professional matters I will comment personally and respond to some other points in this thread. As I've said in the past, my TR2 experience doesn't count for much (and I can't help that it tends to get mentioned along with my name in the press). I completely agree with americanjoe...it was a fan mod with very limited (though flatteringly strong and much appreciated) appeal. What doesn't tend to get mentioned in the press is that I lived and breathed Tribes as much as anyone (both on pubs and at the highest level of competition), I have a diverse skill set, and I work my ass off at whatever I do.

This was the value I brought to T:V, not TR2. Given the directive to create a more simplified game that was supposed to be more likely to appeal to the masses, I used every ounce of energy I had to help create T:V, working within the bounds of the responsibility and authority I was given, with access to a fraction of a fraction of resources.

Would someone else in my position have had a more positive impact? We'll never know. Other community developers were given the same initial opportunity as me (which amounted to an insider tip) but didn't or couldn't follow through.

So people are free to wonder what T:V would've been like with someone else in my position, but what they should wonder about instead is what it would've been like without me or any other community developer working on it at all. That's a much more interesting question whose answer isn't necessarily clear to me,
KP

Also, that article is a good read: http://pc.ign.com/articles/534/534131p1.html even though he wrote it before T:V was released.

Basically I think he loved Tribes as much as anyone but there was only so much he could do.

I haven't got much to contribute to this thread, but I'd like to express the fact that thereal Shaolinmonk is an absolute arse hole.

man that IGN article from KP sounds so pessimistic. I don't know how I missed it back then, but he sounds like one profoundly professionally frustrated dude

KP pm'ed me in irc after I made a post on TW bashing T:V and asked me to explain some of the things I had said. This was like a month after the game was released. I told him what I thought was wrong with it, and he agreed with me on a lot of fronts and generally sounded somewhat disappointed with how the game turned out himself.

man that IGN article from KP sounds so pessimistic. I don't know how I missed it back then, but he sounds like one profoundly professionally frustrated dude

exactly. As I posted before, it was his first job as a game dev. He probably got bullied and wasn't in the best position to fight for his voice.

I doubt any of us would have handled it differently.

Back