[lol more Xtian buffoons] TN State Rep a creationist

That's debatable Togo, but, did you also know almost none of the Founders knew what electricity was?

I don't look to political figures to understand science for me; this thread should have allowed you to understand that from the get-go :lol:

well benjamin franklin knew what it was?

More fun facts: most of the Founders owned slaves. Go go Xtian creationists.

if they were hypocrites, why not just throw out the entire constitution. And everything you said... well its easy to not throw it out so long as you don't read it in the first place I suppose

The founders, creationists, were and still are the biggest proponents of exploring the unknown and questioning everything that is assumed.

if they were hypocrites, why not just throw out the entire constitution. And everything you said... well its easy to not throw it out so long as you don't read it in the first place I suppose

Actually, I am merely showing that your reasoning, isn't.

Who the Founding fathers of America were has nothing to do with the fact that you modern day creationists know fuck-all about the science you think you can say is invalid;you know nothing about it, and a huge chunk of your modern life actually depends, on a daily basis, that it's true.

What the Founders thought about it, means nothing. Creationism is not science, or factual, and does not belong in public school.

this is more of a democracy flaw than anything else

the ignorant majority elects like minded candidates

when you decided to ignore the beliefs of the founding fathers in one area, to me you have written them off completely since they are so intertwined in what they wrote and said.

either dismiss them completely or include them wholly. You can't accept their belief in freedom without accepting the rest of what they said. And by ignoring their religious beliefs, you are ignoring the majority of what they were, and by thinking you can do this you display a supreme lack of knowledge regarding all the men that contributed to documents like the consitution.

when you decided to ignore the beliefs of the founding fathers in one area, to me you have written them off completely since they are so intertwined in what they wrote and said.

either dismiss them completely or include them wholly. You can't accept their belief in freedom without accepting the rest of what they said. And by ignoring their religious beliefs, you are ignoring the majority of what they were, and by thinking you can do this you display a supreme lack of knowledge regarding all the men that contributed to documents like the consitution.

i do not accept the fact that they owned slaves as a good thing. More likely than not believed that slavery was a good system, and probably used religion to justify slavery. i do however appreciate other ideals that they held high.

It's sad, really. A false cultural meme, concocted by evil men who hold power in a religious organization, is propagated until it takes on the feel of 'fact', and the scared, ignorant sheeple begin speaking of it socially as if it deserves actual consideration. It makes these sheep feel better, because it gives their outdated philosophy an illegitimate hold among more viable ways of thought; if they chatter about it long enough they believe it will become fact.

Creationism isn't fact. It's wrong. Don't teach it to your vulnerable children, and certainly do NOT attempt to foist it off onto the children of others.

Slavery was part of the roman system too, undoubtedly Christians held slaves in ancient Rome and without them they would be unsure of how to run their estate

we are the first civilization ever to really get away from slavery. Why is that? the founders must have done something right. You don't just remove and abolish it, when its the only way of life you know, its should be a natural product of a free land

It's sad, really. A false cultural meme, concocted by evil men who hold power in a religious organization, is propagated until it takes on the feel of 'fact', and the scared, ignorant sheeple begin speaking of it socially as if it deserves actual consideration. It makes these sheep feel better, because it gives their outdated philosophy an illegitimate hold among more viable ways of thought; if they chatter about it long enough they believe it will become fact.

Creationism isn't fact. It's wrong. Don't teach it to your vulnerable children, and certainly do NOT attempt to foist it off onto the children of others.

that would be your opinion, which only proves the founders right, in that when Americans leave their religious heritage their constitution loses all of its power to protect.

There is no intellectual reason whatsoever for me to disregard them completely. One belief doesn't define them, nor does it reflect on other things they did; they did, after all, argue against mixing religion and politics, so their errors in the former don't affect the latter.

I am in no way constrained by your false dichotomy. If you can only live in a black/white children's universe, that's your problem, and it explains why you're wrong so often about so many subjects.

In addition I am aware that your statement about majority being creationists is hyperbole, and yet another incorrect 'fact' you live by. I am not so handicapped.

that would be your opinion, which only proves the founders right, in that when Americans leave their religious heritage their constitution loses all of its power to protect.

it's not an opinion, it's a fact, followed by a conditional statement.

I'm getting at the fact you don't see what the founders said in equality. You see the constitution and believe in it, probably very strongly. But you are applying a bias to it and ignoring everything else they said, again

so if you say creationism is wrong and spreading it is stupid, you are actually in direct contradiction to the constitution. Since the people that wrote it were almost all creationists and expressed concern about the time people would abandon it.

I don't think my point needs anymore explaining

Slavery was part of the roman system too, undoubtedly Christians held slaves in ancient Rome and without them they would be unsure of how to run their estate

we are the first civilization ever to really get away from slavery. Why is that? the founders must have done something right. You don't just remove and abolish it, when its the only way of life you know, its should be a natural product of a free land

Yet more historical inaccuracy. England was the country that began the cultural eradication of slavery. The US was actually almost the last Western nation to give it up.

Back