[LOL] hd-dvd is totally dead

Sony released a statement about ~1.3 million PS3s being sold in NA between Black Friday and the end of December.

Normally, Sony only releases that number ahead of NPD results in anticipation of weaker than expected figures.

Last edited:
The PS3 has picked up steam, but it's most redeeming quality is still that it is a cheap Blu-Ray player. It's the main reason I am considering getting one.

i guess im glad i didnt go with the hd-dvd player now

sweetness. and one of my friends just spent several hundred dollars on a player and got like ten dvds. lol..

I would have gotten one (PS3) sooner for the same reason, but meh it has no IR port. My Harmony controls everything.

So I'll be getting a PS3 for games later on when the DS3 is packed in and there are more games I want.

i think this whole thing is sad, HD-DVD is the better format due to its excellent compression in comparison to cheapass sony and their ancient, bloated mpeg2s. There is a reason Blu-ray discs have to be 50GB and HD-DVD's only had to be 30. 50GB of space would allow for so much content if the damn Blu-ray movie didnt take up damn near all of the space.

i think this whole thing is sad, HD-DVD is the better format due to its excellent compression in comparison to cheapass sony and their ancient, bloated mpeg2s. There is a reason Blu-ray discs have to be 50GB and HD-DVD's only had to be 30. 50GB of space would allow for so much content if the damn Blu-ray movie didnt take up damn near all of the space.

shh we argued about this shit yesterday and the million ps3 fanboys on the forum couldnt stop screaming VICTORY and sucking each other off long enough to look up any facts

i guess they are claiming 'victory' in the format war..

but they are no where close to anything that resembles victory over wii and 360..

hey lgbr you should take your hd-dvd player to the smithsonian and sell it to them to recoup your costs.

props to sony though for never giving up... they finally got it right 15 years and 8 failed formats later :lol:

what the hell are you talking about
both formats support mpeg2, mpeg4, and vc-1

have you achieved victory over being a fat little punk bitch?

i understand you are angsty because your video game console is not as popular as other video game consoles

actually, im lying. i dont understand that. quit being such a FUCKING FAGGOT

id love for you to go around actual people and see how they respond to your fanaticism.

props to sony though for never giving up... they finally got it right 15 years and 8 failed formats later :lol:

guess you dont have to get it right that often when one of the times you did get it right ended up creating the most widely used storage device in the history of the world :shrug:

Back