Laptop Brands

logo_asus.jpg

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

ASUS makes some quality laptops. I have never had any problems.

I've had 3 HPs and they've all been fine. Put XP on all of them.
Even replaced the screen on mine. If you know what you're doing you can fix things when they break.

I've installed and played UT2K4, Halo, and Far Cry on an HP with the integrated graphics (X3100) and all the games played. If you're looking to play the new stuff, then yes, you need a Sager. Otherwise, the middle of the road stuff is fine.

Sager's are like sports cars, fast, but they can break down.

Ignore NGFM, he may know hoes and rollercoasters, but he's obviously clueless when it comes to laptops. Do not buy HP.

Integrate graphics are crap and anyone saying otherwise is a complete moron.

logo_asus.jpg

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

ASUS makes some quality laptops. I have never had any problems.

awesome. i just ordered one actually.

I'm a huge HP, Lenova, Sony fan - i'm hoping to add ASUS to the list.

acer makes a quality laptop if you don't have the money to get one of the ones above... lenova makes solid business style laptops.

Newegg.com - ASUS X59SR-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5800(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 - Laptops / Notebooks

just bought that. I've always trusted ASUS with the best parts of my computers and they haven't failed me yet. Hopefully their standards are as high for laptops.

I just bought that exact laptop the other day. should be here tomorrow. haha.

HP computers for teh lose. Laptops, desktops, makes no difference, they're crap.

Exception: Their business line. Totally different from the crap consumer models you see on the shelf in stores.

Other than the exception, they're crap.

EXACT same situation with Dell. (XPS/Alienware is NOT part of the crap consumer model lineup.)

just spend a few hundred bucks and get a netbook, then use the money you saved to build a decent desktop for games. the netbooks are cheap, very portable, ~6ish hour battery life, good size/weight.

someone already said this but those high priced gaming laptops are too big to actually take anywhere and the battery life sucks. plus playing fps games on a laptop just sucks.

msi_wind_black_425%5B2%5D.jpg

just spend a few hundred bucks and get a netbook, then use the money you saved to build a decent desktop for games. the netbooks are cheap, very portable, ~6ish hour battery life, good size/weight.

someone already said this but those high priced gaming laptops are too big to actually take anywhere and the battery life sucks. plus playing fps games on a laptop just sucks.

msi_wind_black_425%5B2%5D.jpg

Dell make a 13" XPS that's quite capable of gaming, and still nicely portable.

Though yeah, netbooks are quite tempting.. though the one I was looking at was the Asus N10 - a netbook with an nvidia 9300 graphics system. Not spectacular, but still with the ability to play some 3D stuff (limited as it may be).

Maybe a little bit above your price range, but if you save a few more bucks... well well worth it. Awesome gaming systems, and probably the best customer service on the planet. Just design what you want with the configure option, then contact sales support... they'll help you get the best bang for your buck.

Also, when you save a configuration for later, 99% of the time they send you a 100-500 dollar off code via email.

Gaming Laptops

Back