[Job]I have a second interview with Microsoft in a few weeks...

I want a development job that keeps me challenged instead of positions that I've had that I've mastered the skillset for the job in a couple of months. I want to get the hell out of Ohio, and I've heard Seattle is the perfect city for me. It's a casual work environment which is pretty important to me, and I know my co-workers would have to be of some decent level of intelligence to work there.

do you like rain and clouds? because it's like that every day.

I worked at microsoft for a bit. It really depends on what your position is and where. I was at licensing which was kinda the bastard step child area.

if you don't suck at software and want to be challenged, there are lots of other companies and startups better than microsoft. there you'll be just another blue badge and get to work on amazing products like Windows Live Advanced Integration and Automation Server 2009 ©

move to the bay area and you can take your pick

Did you get my lifetime membership in Gold yet?

C'mon, get with the prgrom.
Let's think forwardly on this.
MOVE IT!

I have a friend that just started working at Microsoft a few months ago. Got 86k a year/5k signing bonus. He does something w/ the Windows Update feature.

top of....?

Biztalk! Sharepoint! wowowow!
Market leading products in their space ... yes. You can argue all the slashdot/digg anti-windows bullshit on the consumer/client side, but on the server side, Microsoft dominates -- only IBM can compete.

no you can't

I know people with real talent that aren't being fast tracked at microsoft.

As with any job, pure talent isn't enough to "rocket to the top." That being said, there's still a lot of opportunity there. If anything it's a hell of a resume headliner should one wish to pursue other job options.

i worked with a guy that was openly gay in columbus

he had a crush on me and i felt weird about it

he used to talk about the guys that couldnt speak english that railed him the night before

Back