[Israel] I can't believe CBS aired this

Random long thought: I have a friend who's Jewish and who's gone to Israel twice, once for a few weeks and once for 6 months to study Judiasm. He's currently enrolled in a law school in New York that is predominantly Jewish. He knows I'm an atheist and is fine with that but every once in a while we get drunk and will start having an argument (this includes my other Christian, Catholic, etc. friends) about why religion is or isn't wrong. Anyway.. he knows I constantly harp about religion causing violence and he always comebacks with Hitler and Stalin were atheist blah blah blah so I can't be right. Living in different states, we'd talk probably once a week or so on AIM or something but since this has happened, I haven't even heard from him and I know it's because he knows that I'm going to say how displeased I am w/ it and what not. It makes me pause and kind of put him down a peg or two because he'd avoid me knowing that I'm 'right'. It's shit like this that makes me sad religion exists.

Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol, so until Israel recognizes hamas, opens up all borders, unilaterally removes all settlements, allows not only every palestinian, but every muslim free access to jerusalem, and moves back to 1967 lines, there can't even be a dialog for peace?

:lol:

Spoiler

do you want peace?

i saw this on sunday.. informative. i don't understand what your problem is with their analysis? what other options are available?

I saw this when they aired it, and was astonished that it was being shown on TV in the US that wasn't BBC America. 60 minutes to the rescue.

this was a good watch

id say its a fair guess that that radical settler woman isnt an aberration either

the settlers are religious fanatics for the most part

most israelis are borderline secular and have the same reaction as you do when they see settlers spout their extremist views

but it's just not as easy as kicking the settlers out of the west bank. the situations is a hell lot more complicated that that and goes back to the foundations of israel and the reason for it's existence

Yeah, it was a good watch. The PLO basically fucked the Palestine future with the suicide bombers of the past.

That's kinda what happened with Iraq, the terrorists fucked with the USA so we said OK, we'll come there and make your life hell.

Yeah, it was a good watch. The PLO basically fucked the Palestine future with the suicide bombers of the past.

That's kinda what happened with Iraq, the terrorists fucked with the USA so we said OK, we'll come there and make your life hell.

are you saying the people who attacked us on 9/11 had links to iraq?

Back