I was just raped...

Id like to agree with Animo, back when i was in Vancouver it was so fucking easy to get anywhere. I never used my car... about 2 years of it sitting around i didnt ever use it just walked everywhere. but now im back in nigger vill mc Cleveland, i cant walk anywhere and i dont want to ride the welfare mobile because i dont have a gun and im not black enough to fit in.

He's full of shit on that gas tank size, i had to call nissan to find out. Biggest in the maxima is 18.5 gallons for that year. so it would of cost ya $74 to fill that fucker up. 23 gallons and that car would be dragging..lol

I finaly filled my Ram 3500 it has a largest standard fuel tank 52 gallons of diesle. Since i barely drive the truck unless its the weekends that tank will last me 3-4 months. 52x4.39 a gallon comes out to $228.28 to fill it up.

Last edited:
its like nobody realizes that fuel prices going up makes everything else go up which makes salaries go up which makes money go less far which makes fuel prices go up...

do the inflation baby... the us won't crash because of $15/gallon gas... everything will cost 5x as much and if you're smart youll be making 5x as much

at the gas station by my house here in MI, E85 (ethanol gas) was 3.17 a gallon while regular gas was 4.08.

time to get a flex-fuel vehicle

its like nobody realizes that fuel prices going up makes everything else go up which makes salaries go up which makes money go less far which makes fuel prices go up...

do the inflation baby... the us won't crash because of $15/gallon gas... everything will cost 5x as much and if you're smart youll be making 5x as much
There's one flaw in your thought process, and it's that salaries don't go up that way.
Fling :D

In a way this gas thing is a blessing in disguise. Now maybe some fatties will get moving and start dropping the extra pounds. And people will stop eating shit shipped in from across the country and start eating more locally grown things.

I was asking my dad about it, and the age of the 18-wheeler is a pretty recent occurrence. It's not like we can't get by without driving. People act like it's some sort of right when it's actually a pretty huge luxury.

In a way this gas thing is a blessing in disguise. Now maybe some fatties will get moving and start dropping the extra pounds. And people will stop eating shit shipped in from across the country and start eating more locally grown things.

I was asking my dad about it, and the age of the 18-wheeler is a pretty recent occurrence. It's not like we can't get by without driving. People act like it's some sort of right when it's actually a pretty huge luxury.

Go away.

I remember sitting in the car while my mom filled up the tank.

It would cost $20 CAD (lol $5 USD lol), you had to specify leaded or unleaded and every single station was full service. And they even did your windows while you waited.

I would but I don't have any gas in my car. How ever will I manage?

It's not hard to see that the typical American lifestyle is not sustainable without one of three things:

1. The extermination of billions of people through warfare or disease (cross your fingers!)
2. An increase in efficiency (too much work...)
3. The discovery of a new habitable planet (terraform mars!)

We've gotten used to using things that we think are cool and convenient even when they aren't. Shit like electrical can openers and fast food drive-throughs. I mean you can't tell me you've not had an experience where it takes 20 minutes sitting in a drive through to get your food. It's like 10 steps to go in but we choose to sit like idiots in our idling cars.

We just don't really look at stuff like that, Americans on a whole are not really concerned with all the waste in our lives.

at the gas station by my house here in MI, E85 (ethanol gas) was 3.17 a gallon while regular gas was 4.08.

time to get a flex-fuel vehicle

I was going this weekend to buy the 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ with the Flex Fuel engine. But i gotta wait a bit to see if we have any station in Connecticut that serve's E85. is there a station locater online that finds those selling e85

97 Dollars to fill my 23 gallon tank! (97 Maxima!)

When is the bullshit going to end?

4$ a fucking gallon? Christ, I remember when it was like 93 cents a gallon back in 98/99 in Tacoma(seattle area), wa

How much do you get raped when at the pump?

0 - i ride a bike.....its cheap as hell man.

The problem is that, out of nowhere, China got a middle class who could afford cars. In the span of 5 years there were millions and millions of people who could finally buy a family car... that's a lot of demand that wasn't exactly planned for.

Add in the $3K cars that are being sold in India and you have another group of millions and millions of people who can afford cars when they couldn't even a couple of years ago.

Gas prices are simple supply and demand. There aren't enough refineries to process the oil fast enough, there are way more people driving cars worldwide than there were a decade ago, and we are a society that relies on our cars to get us everywhere.

We're fucked.

I agree that the emerging modern economies in China and India are driving global demand for gas and oil, but the rate at which we are seeing gas prices increase does not reflect "the simple law of supply and demand".

Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, the UAE, Venezuela, the list goes on and on...

this short list of countries we import crude from with strictly state controlled economies should be enough of an indicator of how divorced the global oil market is from a "free market" where simple models of supply and demand are relevant.

Gas prices are high because the dollar is weak and we have lost credibility around the world. We are no longer perceived as a superpower, and we look easy to exploit by nations we have tried to enforce american supremacy and hegemony over.

What can we do to the saudi's if they don't lower gas prices, bomb them?

I see this as moron tax. I pay a bit more, but with 3+ MpG and a 10 gallon tank it doesnt affect me that much.

if you own a large suv/truck, you deserve to get raped at the pump.

Back