I am attempting to give a roach a heart attack

lecatPuke

Scout++
Veteran X
Yeah, I was startled by a roach in my apartment for the first time in 3 years. Crawling on my desk of all places. I didn't want to splatter him in my room, and I haven't needed bug spray so I don't have any. I trapped him under a cup, debating his future.

I decided to give him some laced food. Not poison, but I mixed some pure caffeine (400mg) into some syrup. He's consuming my heart attack cocktail now. If my calculations are correct, it shouldn't take more than [strike]5 grams[/strike]5 milligrams before he craps out. That is assuming caffeine works the same way in insects as it does in warm-blooded animals.

DIE

Last edited:
Wiki said:
Caffeine is a plant alkaloid, found in numerous plant species, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding upon them

excellent

my sister did something like this when she was in high school. she raised a bunch of mealworms, fed them a shitload of coffee and crushed caffeine tablets mixed with oatmeal. they metamorphosized into beetles and she continued to feed them caffeine laced food. i don't think it had any effect on them.

my sister did something like this when she was in high school. she raised a bunch of mealworms, fed them a shitload of coffee and crushed caffeine tablets mixed with oatmeal. they metamorphosized into beetles and she continued to feed them caffeine laced food. i don't think it had any effect on them.

Except for the fact they were the most productive beetles in the whole office.

Electric grill starters work like defibrulators on small enough creatures. I watched some kids kill a spider and bring it back to life about 10 times when I was in middle school.

Electric grill starters work like defibrulators on small enough creatures. I watched some kids kill a spider and bring it back to life about 10 times when I was in middle school.

This is one of the cooler things I've heard today. Also, good luck with the cockroach thing... it sounds interesting, although I have feeling that nothing's going to happen.

Back