[Hunters] This made me giggle

Problem with that logic is every other form of snare cc is pretty much the same as wingclip. So hunters really can't get away against warrs/rogues (rogues much more so than warriors).

Somebody gets it. If you're melee and can't keep hunters locked down, you are bad. If they bw, its 18 seconds I los him and get my cd's reset.

Yea but it really does speak about guild elitism. I mean, they did help bring the boss down so why shouldn't they be entitled to a chance at the loot? It's this sort of politics that've kept me out of doucheraids.

Yea but it really does speak about guild elitism. I mean, they did help bring the boss down so why shouldn't they be entitled to a chance at the loot? It's this sort of politics that've kept me out of doucheraids.

I'm leaning towards this line of reasoning

The gm of the guild made a good post on their realm forums. The rogue had been in the guild for a lot longer than each hunter (they had only been in for about 2 months). The guild has KJ on farm, they have no need to maximize their overall guild's dps anymore, as their are no bosses left to kill. The bow also has a MUCH higher drop rate than warglaives so far.

It's best in slot for rogues as well as hunters

Yea so why not give it to your hunters first if it drops so frequently? Rogues and warriors will get it eventually too. The problem is that this clearly establishes cliques within the guild, whereby even raiding for 2 months with them grants you nothing. You're passed over because you didn't kill Moroes with them.

I didn't raid as much as the people here but I really didn't like the powertrip comments from gleaders in vent, and the elitism that went with it. At least with pvp you and your partner are on your own island and not at the mercy of a gleader who wants to bang the 17 year old 250 lb shaman.

Anyway, I can understand the leaders pov if it was the hunters first raid, but really the whole focus of the loot distribution should be around bettering the group, which in this case giving it to the hunters was the right move.

I will say though that I do feel that this is retribution for Hunters always saying "but every weapon is a hunter weapon" for years.

Yea so why not give it to your hunters first if it drops so frequently? Rogues and warriors will get it eventually too. The problem is that this clearly establishes cliques within the guild, whereby even raiding for 2 months with them grants you nothing. You're passed over because you didn't kill Moroes with them.

so you think someone who joined the guild last week should have the same shot at loot as the guy who spent all the time learning and wiping on the boss that the loot drops from?

their whole forum is full of flames toward the vicarious guild and analogkid lol
WoW Forums -> Area 52

im sure both hunters involved truly are pissed at the situation but its the best raid guild on the server so what can they do but remain silent and take it in the ass or xfer off.

so you think someone who joined the guild last week should have the same shot at loot as the guy who spent all the time learning and wiping on the boss that the loot drops from?

I suppose that depends. These guys hadn't just joined last week, they'd been raiding with them for two months. While I'm sure many raid guilds have been together for a year, two months is still a fairly significant time to be raiding 3-4 nights a week only to be completely passed over without consideration.

their whole forum is full of flames toward the vicarious guild and analogkid lol
WoW Forums -> Area 52

im sure both hunters involved truly are pissed at the situation but its the best raid guild on the server so what can they do but remain silent and take it in the ass or xfer off.

I was checking that out the forum too, some nice topic titles.

Paladin LF legendary bow
[H] Rogue LF Guild and Legendary Bow
So is it Christmas? Forums are lighting up!!
Thori'dal = Welfare legendary
THE ROGUEBOW. A POEM BY MAGEBORN.
2HUNTERS1ROGUE.COM

i would argue the twins bow is probably better for rogue simply because of the higher armor pen. in pvp armor pen is a larger damage increase than most people realize... not sure about pve and how much armor mobs have however.

Arcane Shot - We regret creating a dispel mechanic that also did damage, so we're re-designing that mechanic. It didn't fix any of Hunter's issues, anyways, and made them better against classes they were already good against (casters).

WoW Forums -> Tranq Shot - Bugged or WAI?

To be honest, I never understood making arcane shot a dispel like that. It never made sense to me, within the normal dynamics of the game. It was outside the normal range of dispels, which were dispels only. They don't give up anything using an arcane shot in pvp because they still add to DPS and are instant cast, while any other class with a dispel type ability has to resign themselves to doing it knowing that it is taking something from their opponent but not doing any sort of damage.

I started playing WoW again after the arcane shot change had already been done and it shocked the hell out of me that arcane shot was suddenly so powerful.

I don't care about any claims about Hunters being overpowered, or any other such crap, but I do agree that arcane shot shouldn't dispel the way it does currently.

I always wished that they actually made a melee spec for hunters. Gimp out their ranged but make their melee more viable, if someone wished. I mean that's basically what half of the Survival tree is for, but it's all dumbed down to try to help you escape rather than fight. There is literally no purpose for Mongoose/Raptor and it makes more sense to focus 100% on ranged attacks rather than two piddley melee attacks.

It's like Lock OH Stones. Am I supposed to run in and melee with this?? When will this thing ever be used?

I always wished that they actually made a melee spec for hunters. Gimp out their ranged but make their melee more viable, if someone wished. I mean that's basically what half of the Survival tree is for, but it's all dumbed down to try to help you escape rather than fight. There is literally no purpose for Mongoose/Raptor and it makes more sense to focus 100% on ranged attacks rather than two piddley melee attacks.

It's like Lock OH Stones. Am I supposed to run in and melee with this?? When will this thing ever be used?
The new demon form

Back