How many steam games do you have, and your view of the games you have, be creative...

EagleScream

Veteran X
Writing a paper and have seen a bunch of blogs online about this, but figured would get some source info from you all if you feel like participating...

How many steam games do you have?
At any point do you feel you have to many?
How many of the games you have do you actually play?
How many of the games you bought do you have a lower value about them now that you have bought them and do not play them as much?

... appreciate the feedback the more colourful the better ...

How many of the games you bought do you have a lower value about them now that you have bought them and do not play them as much?

127 games.

Nope. You can never have too many.

Depends on the mood and the current need for hd space. Sometimes I'll resume Skyrim and/or Witcher III, but they're mammoth in size, so I'll sometimes remove other titles that I've finished or play very casually. I'm currently playing Cuphead, and it's awesome.

Are there games that I think less of now that I own them? Not sure I understand what you're asking. Would I prefer to have paid less for some titles after the fact? Sure, I guess. I hardly ever buy games unless I research it, or wait for it to go on sale, which I suspect 99% of people do.

Weird topic for a paper, but I hope this helps?

1. Profile says: 2,737
2. I basically just collect them at this point due to OCD or something.
3. Only play like 3 or 4.
4. I buy them in bundles so I have no idea.

1: How many steam games do you have?
2: At any point do you feel you have to many?
3: How many of the games you have do you actually play?
4: How many of the games you bought do you have a lower value about them now that you have bought them and do not play them as much?

1: A total of 70 games, 19 of which are installed.
2: Some of the games feel like stupid buys so... yes.
3: Recently I have played about 7 of them. The more I like them the harder it is for me to finish them. So far I have only beat Dungeons of Dredmor and Bookworm 2.
4: Not really, but I have games that I haven't even started.

i am still resisting the steam
i don't buy many games anymore, but i still try to get the whole 1998 disc/box package when it's available

Writing a paper and have seen a bunch of blogs online about this, but figured would get some source info from you all if you feel like participating...

is this "paper" a sixth grade assignment?

274 games over 10+ years.

Do you feel you have too many?
I would ask in what context is this question being applied? Do I have buyer's remorse? Do I identify spending issues? Addiction? Is my awareness of my library's size an influential factor in future purchases? A steam collection is digital - games neither consume physical space nor can they be sold or pruned back. A steam collection will only increase over time. I don't think of my library as being too big or too small.

Are you asking how many do I actively play? Or how many I have played at all? I probably don't actively play more than 1-2 games at any given time. I wouldn't be surprised if 25% or more of the titles have never been played; Most game purchases are bundles where I'll purchase a bundle for the purpose of obtaining 1 specific title for cheap and have 9 others thrown in as well.

Again, is this in regards to buyer's remorse? Define "value". Would I have preferred to buy the game at a lower price? Or was the game something less than what I expected and likely would not purchase if I could go back? Very seldom do I purchase a game based on hype/anticipation of that game's release. I'm not the person who buys No Man's Sky or Kickstarts Star Citizen, for example. Most games purchased on steam are at a discounted price. There are a few multiplayer games I bought which I didn't get an expected play time out of; games like vermintide, Killing Floor 2... games that require friends to also buy and actively play. This was much easier to achieve with an active steam community which I was a part of during TF2's heyday; There were always people playing Killing Floor, Magika, L4D, etc.

There are a few titles that I own for the sake of owning a digital copy of that game: mostly BioWare titles; BG 1&2, ME 1&2, Kotor 1&2 as well as the Dark Souls franchise; I own most of these games from their original pc/console (physical) release, but wanted to have an updated digital copy. I bought them not intending to play them but should the urge arise, I'll be able to.

In regards to general relevance; all games fall out of relevance over time. Do I value a game like TF2 less today compared to 2007? Yes. Does that degrade that game's relevance back then? No. Does it change anything about buying that game or the thousands of hours it provided in entertainment? No.

If you're strictly asking if I was disappointed by a game not meeting my expectations at the time of purchase; The closest example I can give is The Division - The 'end game' was split between farming PvE gear/power and PvP (which was influenced by a player's gear). So as time went on, there were glaring issues that showed the game to be one not worth continuing (relative to the amount of effort I was willing to put into it). However, looking back; I was able to get a lot of play time clocked with some buddies, and the Dark Zone was redeemable at twink levels (which is what made the beta so much fun tbh). Did the game turn out to be everything I wanted? No. Did I still 'get my money's worth'? I'd say yes.

There are also games that cause physical discomfort over time; Motion sickness. This is sometimes caused by a mix of FoV, frame rate and turn/move speed in a game. Oddly enough, I felt these effects after playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided but did not have this issue with DE: Human Revolution. It's a rare occurrence for me - sometimes I push on and finish a game (the effects usually diminish if I continue to play) but in this case I did not.

i have 1 installed..midair. i have tried csgo pubg battlerite and h1z1..enjoying fortnite atm but not steam ^-^

334 games
I dunno maybe 350+
I'll play 2-3 at a time generally. usually from the same group of 10-15 games. a lot of one time plays.
what?

y5SY6iG.png

1. 195
2. No, because I mostly buy single player games that I only play once.
3. See above, at most I play 1 multiplayer and 1-2 single player games at a time
4. After I'm done with a game, I will add it to my favourites if I feel like it's a particularly fun one. Apparently, roughly 1 in 3 games passed this test to date.

Steam user since August 02, 2004
havax |

Last logoff: 27 hours ago

Over the last 13 years, you've spent 2661.1 hours playing this selection, which includes 86 items, is valued at $1467.35, and requires 604.2 GB

I get totally owned by steam sales. I just bought the remastered homeworld collection last Friday, even though I've played the crap out of them.

Back